The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Rebel Media (Maple leaf Breitbart) sued to be allowed to have a “journalist” attend the Canadian election debates, because an independent election commission and the parliamentary press gallery didn’t think they were legit.

And they used their opportunity to get toasted and roasted.

17 Likes

“I won’t call it a media organization”…

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

11 Likes

Just ran across this gem…

He was an astute comedian.

11 Likes

Love him.

But he didn’t anticipate a pandemic in this one. Of course- almost all of us didn’t.

7 Likes

Another dispatch from Terf Island

“The British editorial staff seem to be allowing transphobia to crop up even where it’s not even relevant,” Jules Gleeson, author of the censored article, told me, adding that “it almost feels like transphobia is getting shoe-horned in for its own sake.”

Gleeson is not on staff at the paper, but her remarks reflect the consensus from the staffers I spoke to, all of whom needed anonymity due to NDAs and fears of reprisal. Their accounts paint a picture of a newsroom dominated by transphobes who use a plethora of tactics, including using the company’s UK union to insulate their bigotry from accountability, in order to maintain control over The Guardian ’s editorial direction on gender.

15 Likes
12 Likes

You know, it strikes me that politics has become very much about attention seeking and brand development. There seem to be folks who can do both, but for many people they just don’t give a shit about the actual work that politicians are meant to do once in office. Trump really drove that home, didn’t he… and maybe hypercharged it.

Society of the Spectacle, indeed.

15 Likes

It’s sad. Some 83 year old guys won’t even retire from their positions that are critical to democracy existing- even after an object lesson in where that leads - until after his book gets published.

And he gets to retire on his full salary- his brethren and sisteren enjoy special retirement packages.

9 Likes

Right? Even people you’d expect to be above this kind of thing, clearly are not. I’m sure they’ve justified it to themselves that we need their wisdom condensed into a memoir (I’m sure that Yang believes that too).

I don’t know… it’s fucked.

9 Likes

They go to too many events paid for by the top .01%. It skews their perceptions.

This is what comes from running with a bad crowd.

12 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

11 Likes
9 Likes

Ummm, the repubs just done did it, did they not? :woman_shrugging:t2:
(Not aimed at you, obviously.)

13 Likes

McConnell won. We need a counter revolution.

14 Likes

Hear, hear!
I am so tired of this hand-wringing, “let’s not do this thing, even in the name of justice, bc then the other side might do it, or worse!!!
They will do that thing we are supposedly trying to avoid anyway. They’ve already shown us.

17 Likes

Dems: “We can’t force through judicial appointments or the other side might do that to us!”

Repubs: “We’re forcing through judicial appointments.”

14 Likes

Yeah.
I’m still royally pissed off that the senate’s failure to even meet with Garland for almost a full year wasn’t a top news story every fucking day. That and their refusal to let Obama seat federal judges for all the opening should’ve been top headlines the entire time.

17 Likes
23 Likes

Intended obsolescence in action…

11 Likes

I don’t know…
It took Apple 25 years or so to realize/admit that maybe a mouse with just one button could possibly not be that practical after all.

And this? This is “form overrides function”.

No! It must look sleek’n’shiny! If we put the socket anywhere where people can just keep the cable plugged in while they’re using the mouse it will look like a non-wireless mouse! Ugly! Get those engineers out of here! I CAN’T WORK LIKE THIS!!!

14 Likes