The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

9 Likes

Yep. Southwest has changed their explanation at least three times, which makes me suspicious. My guess is that it’s a combination of their point to point system (vs. hub and spoke) coupled by overly optimistic booking of flights?

7 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

10 Likes

It seems like the worlds of Patlabor 2 and Metal Gear are becoming reality.

4 Likes

When the enemy disrupts the com, the dogs are on their own.

I’m sure that’s been thought out.

6 Likes

I would’ve responded, but I see the other mutants have it well in hand.

:slight_smile:

9 Likes
12 Likes

That fucking sucks.

Cersei approves tho…

7 Likes

Fucking Idaho…

5 Likes

Hard pass.

4 Likes

You can always count on the commentariat. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Were the pups or high schoolers killed by federal agents?

4 Likes

Safety first kids!

Not buying that the FAA is clean in this mess at all. They are so far up the airplane manufacturers ass they use tail rudders to walk with.

10 Likes

How do you even…

7 Likes

Because if you’ve accepted that you are, in fact, on the wrong side of history, you can either resile from it and teach your children what happened so they don’t repeat your mistakes; hide from it and teach your children lies and hope they don’t learn the truth; or lean into it and just make it so the very concepts of “truth”, “history”, and “the right side of history” cease to have any meaning for your children.

This is what happens when the authorities have fully accepted that they are in fact The Baddies, and they’d rather ruin their own children’s minds than deal with the consequences.

11 Likes

resPonSible gUn OwneRs

18 Likes

Who are the fragile snowflakes, again?

11 Likes

I can understand the bit about kids’ families not having enough money for Halloween costumes, but why would you have to eliminate the celebration altogether? It would be a good history lesson to look into the origins of the holidays, and I mean all, not just the Judeo-Christian ones?

10 Likes

According to the article, because ‘some families don’t celebrate the holiday’, which is a common Christian Fundamentalist bugaboo.

And the fact they don’t want students thinking about love, well, that’s the purity movement.

12 Likes

I don’t agree with the purity movement but as far as valentines it was always a pretty negative thing in elementary school when I was a kid. Dunno how often that is the case, but I kind of can see some people just cutting it completely. It’s… one of my least favorite holidays though so I’m biased.

12 Likes