The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

11 Likes

Huh, I always thought the 15 minutes paid break per 4 hours worked was a federal thing.

7 Likes

I’ve only seen it for union protected jobs or specific intensive manufacturing roles. I havent had a paid break in 20 years.

6 Likes

Huh. I started working when I was 14 and worked in a nursing home, a fast food place, and a department store through Highschool and all had the 15-minutes per 4 hours thing.

4 Likes

We have never had any set breaks, as such. Its a “pee when you can get a minute” kinda thing. 15 minutes? Yeah, nope. Of course, we do get a lunch break midday, roughly splitting the day into 4 hour segments, so not a biggie, I guess? (It’s actually 5 1/2 hours in the morning, then about 4 1/4 in the afternoon, and we frequently go over the “scheduled” time, so :man_shrugging:)

7 Likes

I haven’t had them in any of my more “professional” jobs, but even when I worked at a convenience store that was the standard.
Construction, teaching building workshops, and now at my consulting gig, no more paid breaks, as such. But this is the first time I’ve had paid vacation, so there’s that.

4 Likes

Calvanism. The Pilgrims really fucked us over with the protestant work ethic right from the beginning. If you are poor it is a sign from God that you are bad and I don’t have to feel sorry for you. The only newish twist is the added adjoinder “If you are good but poor anyway, it is because the government took away what is rightfully yours and gave it to undeserving black people.”

7 Likes
8 Likes

I cannot imagine how bad a lice infestation would have to be to cause enough blood loss to cause clinical symptoms, let alone death. This would be akin to death by mosquito bites. Damn, the poor kid! Also, 12 years old? I did not see any reference to the child’s functional status, but I have to question that as well.

13 Likes

Yeah, that’s much better.

Also this:

“I apologize profusely that the word I used in trying to create an analogy are offensive,” she said.

Okay, that’s a better apology than most, I guess?

“But

Oh.

14 Likes

Yes, when I vapor lock, the first thing that comes out is Nazi slogans. WTF, that is just not a thing!

15 Likes

A license to fish, a license to operate a motor vehicle…

2 Likes

Consequences?

16 Likes

'Bout damned time.

14 Likes

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Ryan Hilton testified that medical records show Kaitlyn died from cardiac arrest with a secondary cause being severe anemia.

Hilton testified that, at the time of her death, Kaitlyn had “the most severe” lice infestation the GBI’s office had ever seen, and it may have lasted on and off for at least three years. He said he believed repeated lice bites lowered her blood iron levels, causing anemia and triggering the cardiac attack.

13 Likes

The media also keeps burying the lede, in that NOBODY is “coming for your business”.

They’re just asking businesses to knock it off for a while and take the PPP, or adjust to carry-out and curbside service until the pandemic is brought under control.

Greedy landlords and anti-mask businesses are the people who will sell you radioactive water for your most prized posessions in the wake of a nuclear war.

13 Likes

More like death by fleas.

Also…

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!?

11 Likes

13 Likes

Me and Daniel are gonna have to differ with you about Stonehenge.

daniel jackson

5 Likes

Really interesting article.

4 Likes