The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

I am working class left, and I have a huge well of tolerance remaining. Dipped into it just this morning!

4 Likes

Can you irrigate some of yours over here? My aquifer is just about dry.

5 Likes

best I got for todays good news:

4 Likes

You know you’re a redneck when you steal a protest about police killing unarmed black people and turn it into a whine about respecting the flag.

9 Likes

I’m going to disagree there.

The greater evil is not individual, conscious acts of racism. It’s the systematic racism that’s built in to the very fabric of society and makes virtuous choice irrelevant. You’re never going destroy that root and branch until you can understand multiple lines of evidence, some of which WILL contradict each other.

7 Likes

you complain about NASCAR turning to “the left”

7 Likes

Add another one to the list:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/pennsylvania-fire-chief-calls-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-a-no-good-ngger-over-nfl-protests

7 Likes

“Yes, I said it,” [fire chief Paul] Smith added afterward. […] Smith apparently realized that he’d made a big mistake…“I am embarrassed at this,” he said. “I want to apologize. I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing the anthem. This had nothing to do with my Fire Department. I regret what I said.”

Embarrassed. Regretful. Just not sorry.

Fuck yourself, Paul.

11 Likes

“mistakes were made” say the public employees who lecture about YOUR responsibilities to a civil society.

5 Likes

Even if it were sincere that would be a poor excuse for an apology. Then again if he were sincere he would have offered an actual apology.

3 Likes

and some just responses near me. Front page in the local rag:

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/09/26/local-officials-resign-after-catching-heat-for-social-media-posts-blasting-nfl-players

Although, to be fair, even in resignation they don’t get it

“In a Facebook post, Glynn said his resignation “has to do with the lack of understanding by the greater community of the offensive nature of comments by many in the community and my personal feelings of a overall jaded pessimism towards the tolerance and respect to those feelings.””

4 Likes

I understand and agree with you, but I was responding to her attitude about the degree of racist a person can be, not how transparent.
I believe either you are part of the powerful - and therefore racist, or part of the oppressed, who can be prejudiced but not racist because they don’t benefit from the power imbalance.
I think for the same reasons women can say “men are trash”, minorities can say we white people are racist because the power imbalance continues.

3 Likes

Pina saying monkey =/= not a racist statement? Uuuuggggh.

1 Like
2 Likes

What a great nonpology she made:

“It was a mistake to share this message on Facebook and I sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended,”

I used to have a shred of respect for the state police because they’re required to be more educated than county or local PD. That’s all gone now. ::slowclap::

4 Likes

I’m sure the racial profiling doesn’t extend to her professional life… [/s]

2 Likes

They can make all the anti-gay cakes they want. No one is stopping them. But if they’re going to sell to the public…

4 Likes

Yeah, but be careful not to lambaste people describing folks with win/lose attitudes and black/white thinking as the one with, or responsible for, that attitude or thinking pattern.

Describing extreme behavior does not make you a win/lose thinker or one with black/white attitudes, nor does it mean as an observer you are incapable of seeing other things or have taken a shallow look at a thing. It’s just a shallow thing, described accurately.

It means that as an observer, when you use an accurate vocabulary on a these extreme behaviors, and 3rd parties with limited personal experience of it attribute the limited things you observe and describe to limitations of your own observations and your own thinking, for saying such black/white things and introducing win/lose concepts.

Being capable of responsibility around the irresponsible, and their enablers, is a total fucking drag.

People can’t imagine it, so with the best of intentions they very much blame victims. Sometimes they just don’t want to imagine it or believe it about the source, and so with less pure intentions, they blame victims. Or sometimes they’re just sadists, with every intention to blame victims. They’re real too. Each is an evil act, further victimizing.

I’m not so worried about perfect fairness when evil is on the table, are you?

Kushner = Slumlord

“Tenants of the Baltimore-area apartment complexes owned by Jared Kushner’s real-estate company have brought a class-action lawsuit against the firm’s property management arm over its aggressive pursuit of tenants for allegedly unpaid rent.”

“The routine practice of charging tenants illegal fees combined with filing eviction proceedings against tenants who have paid their rent on time is predatory and destructive to hard-working Marylanders and their families. This is yet another example of corporations profiting from deceptive policies,”

5 Likes
2 Likes