The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

That’s a nice development. I’m sick of all the damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t editorializing in response to the criticism surrounding that asshole. It seems that we’re all either enabling him by letting him have public platforms to express his ideas or feeding into his celebrity by protesting against him.

Hitting him in the pocketbook though, that might just work.

8 Likes

One more.

The Hill : Breitbart employees threaten exit over Yiannopoulos

You know you’re in a bad place when even Breitbart doesn’t want you.

17 Likes

“But I was not talking about anything illegal and I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys.” - Milo.

If it’s below the age of consent, then it’s illegal Milo.

15 Likes

The same CPAC that’s rejected the Log Cabin Republicans was welcoming Yiannopoulos with open arms before this.

Their standards seem pretty skewed.

8 Likes

Yes, I was wondering where the claimed $1M/tour was coming from. I doubt it was student Republicans.

And this:

That train-wreak slammed through a lot of warning barriers before hitting that wall.

9 Likes

Shakira law #437: the hips don’t lie.

9 Likes

[quote]We don’t need a reckless president who thinks SHE is above the law… I have personally called for Hillary to drop out of the race because SHE, SHE…[/quote]That sexism is subtle, yo.

8 Likes

I’m curious what the “they’re just words” defenders say about this one.

2 Likes

Maybe one comment out of a thousand on the BBS I will consider worthy of screenshotting and sending to my girlfriend sans context. Congratulations, lucky one thousand.

14 Likes

Where have we seen this before…? :thinking:

9 Likes
3 Likes

Shockingly, Depeche Mode disagree.

17 Likes

Wait, umm, do they actually fucking listen to the lyrics? Jeebus. I love em but my take has pretty much always been ‘I can’t get enough kinky/gay sex so I am gonna write songs about it’.

7 Likes

Sounds right up Milo’s alley, but with less pedo stuff.

1 Like

I just posted that in “have you seen this”!

2 Likes

I mean, considering they aren’t gay, I don’t think there is a ton of gay sex lyrics. And really there is just the one S&M song (Master and Servant). They also have songs about parenting, revolution, religious bigots, drugs, and of course, just not getting enough… It’s a band with a nearly a 40 year career, after all.

6 Likes

The World In My Eyes? Never Let Me Down Again? Not so much the gay but plenty of not vanilla sex. I love them but haven’t listened to them specifically in way too long. One of my favorite concerts I got to see.

2 Likes

Sure, fair enough… But again, even if they are talking about kinky sex, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily gay sex. My general point was that they tackle numerous issues in their music, sex just being one of them.

Lots of folks don’t like their newer stuff (post Alan Wilder). I do, but not everyone does.

Did you know they are touring?!?

2 Likes

I have been so out of touch with who is releasing new material and who is touring for too long. Yay parenthood.

3 Likes

Once your kids are old enough, you just include them in things like that, which is generally fun to do (depending on the kid, etc). I look my (at the time) 12 year old to see Laibach and my cousin took his 5 year old to see the Cure this past year.

5 Likes