The Great Big BBS Political Opinion Poll!

The debates are over. The battle-lines have been drawn. We’re into the final few weeks before Nov. 8th.

Only one question remains. Which way will the BBS vote?

Due to software restrictions, the polls are split into 4. The winners of each poll will enter into a run-off vote on Nov 8th along with the write-in with the greatest number of likes.

Nominations were taken both from regulars and selected comments. If your favoured option is not here, you can still add them in the comments. Campaigning will be permitted. If you have any further related questions, post them below. Unrelated questions can be posted in that thread.

• Giant Meteor
  • Run The Jewels
  • Booji Boy
  • The Brothers Sanders
  • Don Cheadle as Captain Planet
  • Petanque-Boule-Wielding French Anarchist
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Jill Stein
  • Gary Johnson
  • Donald Trump
  • Canadians
  • Giant Robot
  • @lamaranagram (confused)
  • Your Mom
  • Brexit
  • Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
  • Princess Pricklepants

0 voters

• Global Thermonuclear War
  • HAL 9000
  • @beschizza’s safe
  • Marquis de Condorcet
  • Boaty McBoatFace
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Cultural Marxism
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Incompressible Jizztrumpet
  • Tiny fingered, Cheeto-faced, ferret wearing shitgibbon
  • Mars
  • Lady Ghostbusters
  • Furries
  • The year of Linux on the Desktop
  • Nuclear Annihilation
  • That guy who doesn’t really know how to play Pokemon Go and has an unaccountable number of Zubats and little else
  • Arguetron

0 voters

• The Mads
  • Ken Bone (Attorney General)
  • Chuck Tingle
  • Truth Coming Out of Her Well, to Shame Mankind
  • A palpable sense of disappointment
  • Whatever ends up being inside @beschizza’s safe
  • Late stage capitalism
  • Shrieking White-Hot Sphere of Pure Rage
  • A Dead Cat
  • Short Fingered Vulgarian
  • Cthulhu
  • Opus & Bill
  • Tyler Durden (a.k.a. Hobbes the tiger)
  • Peter O’Toole in Laurence of Arabia
  • String! Or nothing!
  • A Galaxy Note 7 in the process of auto-combusting
  • The new room found in the Winchester Mystery House

0 voters

• A talented, reliable mechanic that doesn’t overcharge
  • Somebody that doesn’t stoop to fish puns
  • Stretch Armstrong
  • Froggy the Gremlin
  • 1970 AMC Gremlin
  • Poutine
  • Status Quo
  • Matchstick Men
  • Bertrand Russell’s Celestial Teapot
  • The Anticipation of a New Lover’s Arrival
  • Bert And Ernie’s Celestial Teahouse
  • Gamma Ray Outburst
  • A rag and a bone and a hank of hair.
  • Totoro
  • A Nasty Woman
  • Voldemort
  • Umbridge
  • None Of The Above

0 voters

All of these options have been carefully checked. Votes are anonymous and names on the ballot were added on a first-in best-dressed basis. All accusations of bias can be directed to someone that cares. I am not responsible for breaking your browser.

11 Likes

Those were some difficult decisions.

16 Likes

Thank you for voting. :slight_smile:
As they say, an informed electorate is the millstone of the democratic process. Or something.

10 Likes

How can RTJ only be running at 8%? Fucking rigged elections… I’ll ONLY accept the results if RTJ wins…

11 Likes

Against Princess Pricklepants??

13 Likes

There’s some very strong competition in that group. Perhaps a campaign video would help?

6 Likes

They should at least come in second.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Comments and campaigning only. Please start your own thread for other polls.

4 Likes

In the words of the great political philosophiser Ren McCormack, people who voted against Princess Pricklepants should jump back

13 Likes

I missed the nominations (I am in the middle of moving house), so I will write in “Full Communism”.

7 Likes

Question: Oh dammit, I’m realizing that the anarchist won’t have a gender b/c fuck you anarchy. I was just getting some serious steampunk vibes there.

Also, the Lobster dish should win, everyone knows that. Who doesn’t like spam? Or Lobster? Or a fried egg on top? And if they do, then fuck them, they’ve probably hacked your server or at least tried to rig the election and definitely annexed land from another nation. Shallots, people, they’re where the future is also again.

3 Likes

I feel better. I’m sure that RTJ would happily given their love of cute critters:

3 Likes

Write in as requested -

Catshark on a roomba chasing a duckling

Likes will be used to gauge the interest of write-ins, who may be added to the final ballot along with any candidates the super-duper-hyper-delegates deem worthy.

4 Likes

With just over a week to go, voters are reminded that polls will be open until the authorized time, after which they shall close.

Anyone who has not yet registered may do so by visiting our Voter Enrollment Center (conveniently located on picturesque Macquarie Island) with the correct form of ID.

And remember, your vote counts. Sometimes more than once!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 120 days. New replies are no longer allowed.