The Mutant Exchange

Normally I would agree with you, but there is something about the word cookie that brings up images of warm deliciousness.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Some charming Judy Dench style needlework?

But perhaps the most arresting memory that they take away from being on set with living legend Judi Dench is not her boundless fascination with acting but her penchant for subversive needlework. Her work certainly did not resemble the delicately stitched roses of a Mrs. Bennet. “She makes these like needlework embroideries on set in the tedium of filming”, says MacFadyen, "but they are all: ‘You Are a Cunt’. And she gives them as presents. And it’s Dame Judi Dench. And she is doing this beautifully, intricate, ornate (work). You kind of see the work materializing as the shoot goes on. Like: ‘You Are a Fucking Shit.’ Knightley never received her embroidered cushion from Dench but remarks: “I love that! She gives this fantastic air. She just sits there and she embroiders and you think: ‘Oh, that’s so nice! It’s Judi Dench. It’s so quaint; she’s embroidering a cushion,’ and you go: ‘What are you embroidering?’ And (it says): ‘Fuck!’ Apparently she’s got hundreds of them just covered in swear words or rude sayings.”

9 Likes

Whoa, I’m down in the NY metro area!

You know what’s hilarious? This morning, my 2 yr old daughter is holding her Elmo and Cookie Monster dolls and looking at them. She looks up at me and says, “Cookie Monster doesn’t have a nose.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 482 days. New replies are no longer allowed.