The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

17 Likes

Far-Right Republican Wondering What He Has To Do To Get Media To Stop Calling Him Moderate

14 Likes

“I’ve worked in my district to curb voting access among Black residents. I’ve claimed the 2020 presidential election was stolen, ignoring the fact that I won reelection on the same ballot. I honestly don’t know what else I can do. I mean, do they want me to choke an immigrant to death with my bare hands? I will.”

DeSantis, is that you?

11 Likes

Sounds like Glen Youngkin.

9 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes

Why the fuck aren’t these guys in prison already? I mean, they are both under indictment. How incompetent is the prosecutor who cannot get their bail revoked?

12 Likes

Freudian Slip… or clumsiest ever dog whistle?

11 Likes

2022 GOP: The “say nothing” party

10 Likes

They saw that it worked here, and will try to duplicate it elsewhere. I hate them with a burning passion.

12 Likes

This is why the Dems current strategy is so important, i.e., clearly stating what the Dem party has done for the populace (pointing to Biden’s accomplishments) and comparing that to what the GOP has not done for the populace.

11 Likes

And also pointing out how dangerous the MAGAt candidates are to the lifestyle to which Americans have become accustomed. Conservative groups like The Lincoln Project have been doing most of the heavy lifting there but some Dems are starting to air ads to that effect as we enter the final run-up to November (e.g. Hochul vs. Zeldin in NY).

8 Likes

Apparently, DeSantis did steal Trump’s idea… but not all of it.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Republican candidates continuing to avoid their own constituents.

How it is that voters go for (in cases, repeatedly) a candidate who won’t give them the time of day?

Are they Just Following Orders given by their pastor, their media talking-heads, their besties on Fb, brainwashing by some more overtly toxic source, poor nutrition? perfect storm of all of the above? or what?

Seriously asking.

9 Likes

Really fucking good question. I suspect it has to do with “hurting the right people.”

14 Likes

Up the street, the coffee shop Happyrock hosted a family-friendly bingo event that featured drag queen performers on Aug. 24. When 32-year-old Soleil Passanante and her 9-year-old son arrived, Passanante said about 15 men – some wearing the black and gold colors of the Proud Boys – were outside the shop, yelling homophobic slurs at performers and accusing attendees of pedophilia.

Three Gladstone police officers arrived, but did not intervene.

“My son got to see first-hand what hate looks like,” Passanante said. “It makes me feel embarrassed to live in Gladstone, and I’ve never felt embarrassed before.”

13 Likes
16 Likes

So nice I had to watch it twice.
More of this, please.

11 Likes

I love that man. Bless him. He took his son’s tragic death, and the insurrection and has turned them into a righteous crusade to save us.

15 Likes