The song that’s stuck in your head right now

Listen to Your Heart - Roxette
(Warning: Video contains some gore.)

2 Likes

This must have just been on in the grocery store. I don’t remember hearing it recently, but it’s a-playing in my brain.

5 Likes
2 Likes

The original…

From hour two of this week’s American Routes…

5 Likes

My daughter and I play a game where she sends me a song and asks me to figure out what song they sampled.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining.

ETA: Bartees Strange earworms were great while they lasted. Thanks, Julie Andrews.

1 Like

Damn you Pepsi! I spent years getting that song out of my head

6 Likes

The new Laibach is wedged in there pretty good…

2 Likes

Damn you, Ken!

2 Likes

On account of that trail dog video from a while back, I have this bit of the millennial music canon stuck in my head:

2 Likes

I tell you all honestly, I think of this song almost every time I delete a comment anywhere. Really…

so I think of this song a lot. Really good genre-representative song though at least.

4 Likes
3 Likes

My neighbor is a bachelor in his late 40s, a very nice guy to have as a neighbor but we are not on the same page in our music taste.

We were both outside working, he had his music on first so I thought I’d stick it out and see if I could get on board. Nope.

This is now stuck in my head. At least I could understand the words.

I like pleasure spiked with pain
And music is my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
Songbird sweet and sour Jane
And music is my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
Pleasure spiked with pain
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane

1 Like

Elevator__Garota de Ipanema plays softly

2 Likes
3 Likes

Warning: The earworm will burrow deeply. The larvae of the eels of Seti Alpha 5 have got nothing on this song.

2 Likes

I just saw this because it popped up as related to another video and I hadn’t seen anything from this production other than internet outrage. I had no idea McCarthy was a singer. What a great Ursula she plays here though and now I will be singing this alllll day.

5 Likes

For a quick thought-experiment demonstration of the importance of small things: imagine this song without those three quick (eighth-note) tambourine beats at the start of each bar.

ETA: I very much doubt this song would be stuck in my head without that tambourine.

3 Likes

Alerts and conspiracy theories…

9 Likes
7 Likes