The white supremacist origins of "public choice theory," the bedrock of contemporary libertarian thought

Or, to put it in a nutshell: “cui bono?” (look to whom the crime profits).

1 Like

an anarchist telling someone they are not an anarchist because of small issues is generally frowned upon by other anarchists (nobody’s perfect), but they will allow it if an individual repeatedly acts in a coercive and/or authoritarian way.

In theory.

In practice they take a very dim view of fascists coming round to visit, and the London Anarchist Bookfair has repeatedly refused to let the SPGB have a stall, even though the only major difference of opinion between the two is whether you should vote or not. The LIbertarian Alliance were once thrown out for hijacking a stall and selling pro-capitalist books.

Again, don’t act in a coercive or authoritarian manner and you will be welcome. Allowing abusive behavior causes problems, see the fallout from this years London Anarchist bookfair after TERFs were allowed* to hand out leaflets outside the toilets

* They weren’t invited, but none of the organisers stopped them at least initially. Now imagine how quickly they would have been kicked out if they were handing out anti-immigrant leaflets instead of anti-trans.

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

In the real world people make practical decisions that mostly end up relating to kicking out assholes rather than political differences.

When I talk about anarchists not being able to agree on what makes someone an anarchist I do so from a place of affection as I was active in anarchist or at least anarchist-positive organizations in university. When I see libertarians saying, “well, that person isn’t a real libertarian” I see it as a little ironic, but I also cut them a lot of slack because I recognize where it’s coming from.

I don’t cut them any slack on anything else.

4 Likes

Ahh, the Followers, AKA “Food Not Bombs after the Bombs happened anyway”

Good news everyone! The highly privileged kids in Delaware’s Charter schools are going to get more funding stripped from the poor and needy in the name of fairness!   And equality!

This is the exact opposite of what a blue-ribbon panel of scientists, educators and statesmen recently concluded we need to do in order to fix our broken educational system.

4 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuck.

And just generally, fuck charter schools!

Damn, is this neoliberal climate ever going to change?

7 Likes

@orenwolf this should be closed already.

3 Likes