This 'Putin as a gay clown' image is now illegal in Russia, so please do not share

It could well be this one.

10 Likes

Putin as what?

LA LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU

1 Like

Oh, I’d very much like to do something with that rod.

But I lack the photoshop skills

12 Likes

But Gay Putin doesn’t seem to do that, from where I stand anyway.

10 Likes

Clown? More like emcee.

8 Likes

so please do not share

14 Likes

And what ever you do, don’t share it to LiveJournal.

7 Likes

Gahhh!
That dead stare!
It will be haunting my nightmares!

6 Likes

I am not a fan of the multitude of “Putin and Trump smooching in drag” memes I see floating around. Yes, I get it, Putin’s using Trump as a puppet, they’re BFFs, etc. I’d think that would be damning enough without resorting to “…and they’re GAY!!” as if you’re in 5th grade trying to come up with the ultimate insult.

24 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I believe it’s because PUTIN finds it so insulting, not that the image propagator finds it so. I personally think anyone so vehemently against homosexuality is so far in the closet it must be harmful to them, so it’s only a humanitarian service to let them out.

23 Likes

Roger That!

6 Likes

I just went on Twitter and posted it and let everyone know they shouldn’t share it!

http://imgur.com/O0bHo1m

10 Likes

You’re into fishing? What kind of bait do you like to use?

1 Like

Calling them gay in a derogatory sense is not the point. It’s satire (albeit not very subtle) of a guy who has the power to make his private dislike of a sexual orientation into law that discriminates and endangers millions of people.

3 Likes

you know I have an inactive but still good account there… sooo tempting.

3 Likes

We may get an answer to the age-old question, “what if the power of Rickrolling could be used for Good?”

3 Likes

I actually read an article about this very thing.

4 Likes

It also uses “being a gay couple in makeup” to mock people.

4 Likes

C’mon people, he’s sensitive about his hair loss and this picture really highlights it.

2 Likes

I think it’s even worse, he’s too much of a political animal that his personal views are probably not (or not much) influencing his policies. But the anti-gay law is a fine vehicle to get the support of the conservative/religious section of the party and followers.

And - per divide et impera - gives the rebellious, urban youth a target that does not endanger his position even if they are able to kill it.

7 Likes