Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 7.17.38 AM

14 Likes

The speed at which they’ve gone from ‘no trans people in sports’->‘don’t transition kids’->‘don’t transition at all’ is super alarming. I’m suddenly worried about the very, very near future.

16 Likes

I have a theory that this is the last dying scream of the reactionary right. They know from demographic changes and recent election results that their time is limited, and if they are going to subjugate the peons to their desires, it has to be now. The overwhelming break of the 18-24 yo’s to the left has them grasping their pearls firmly and going hell for leather for autocracy, so they can just dictate values and not have to convince anyone of their righteousness. As I have said earlier, we are currently fighting a rear-guard action as the cavalry finally crests the hill and comes screaming down on the enemy. Stay strong, in the end, we win.

(ETA, just in case you miss the reference)

14 Likes

Not this one? You mentioned a hill. :wink:

12 Likes

That works too. I can get teary at either one.

12 Likes

Though the battle Tolkien associated with eucatastrophe was the Battle of the Black Gate, which Aragorn and Gandalf knew was a lost cause but went forward, anyway, to provide a distraction for Frodo and Sam to get the ring to Mt. Doom.

/nerdsplaining

11 Likes

Several children’s hospitals, most notably Boston Children’s, were targeted by of a far-right harassment campaign, led by led by anti-trans influencers with millions of collective followers.

The FBI in court documents called it a sustained campaign that falsely alleged pedophilia or “grooming” against Boston Children’s Hospital, and there have been death threats and threats of mass casualty attacks.

13 Likes

Emily Grace Rainey, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer, made several posts about it on social media, even saying in one post: “The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

Before the show, Rainey posted on Facebook the contact information of the sponsors, imploring others to voice their opinions, saying, “You know what to do.”
…

In 2021, Rainey was investigated by the Armyfor leading a group of people from North Carolina to the rally in Washington that led up to the deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.

She resigned her commission as an officer in the United States Army in October of 2021, after being in hot water for her political activity.

18 Likes

I can’t find the article but earlier I read something that unsurprisingly indicated the cop likely agrees with the fascist.

16 Likes
9 Likes

Lord Of The Rings Yolo GIF by Mashable

10 Likes

That’s the one!

You can tell he thinks it’s his last, because he brushed his hair.

9 Likes

I can’t believe he messes up the name like that though. He spent a long time with the hobbits, he shouldn’t be confusing Frodo with his great uncle or whoever.

11 Likes

19 Likes

Stevie Nicks vibe she’s rocking there. “We can always tell” is the most bogus, bullshit self-delusion I have run up against in a while. And I have seen some doozies!

17 Likes

Natasha Lyonne Wow GIF by Team Coco

18 Likes

Mia always does this sort of thing and it’s awesome. The phobes are so freaking clueless, they even called out the ‘male’ features of JKKK Rowling once. :joy:

18 Likes

Does the suffix “sMD” stand for “shaking our Damn Heads?”

16 Likes

Wrong AND stupid.

No prize for them.

17 Likes

Laugh Out Loud Laughing GIF by Aurora Consulting

17 Likes