Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Plus, wtf is May even talking about?

12 Likes

It’s always amazing just how disconnected complaints about cancel culture are from objective reality. Can you even say that bands with multiple races in them are the most common ones now, let alone ones that include trans people?

12 Likes

Hahaha I know. The ones I could think off the top of my head is one of the members of Steam Powered Giraffe, Sophie, a video game soundtrack composer, a vocaloid producer and a singer who is also a voice provider for a Japanese vocaloid. Sophie and that game composer have also used or had somebody helped use vocaloid in their music too haha.

7 Likes

Still some of my favorite songs.

“ It was the first major American rock group to have a racially integrated, male and female lineup.”

11 Likes

I hope they’d be forced to kick his money grubbing talentless ass out.

Hey Brian, you’d be an absolute 0 if Freddy hadn’t pulled you out of obscurity.

4 Likes

He’s probably still bitter after Queen was “cancelled” for performing at Sun City in 1984. Their performance at Live Aid was partly about rehabilitation, making the public think that they were sorry.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Well, apparently he is at least not standing by what was said there.

FFT8TBSXMAEaUmg

7 Likes

Because apparently you can’t see the original if you’re not on Insta, and because not all of us have 20/20 sight…

brianmayforreal Yes, I was ambushed and completely stitched up by a journalist at the recent ITV event. And it’s led to a whole mess of press stories making it look like I’m unfriendly to trans people. Nothing cound be further from the truth. My words were subtly twisted. I should have known better than to talk to those predatory Press hacks. Sincere apologies to anyone who has been hurt by the stories. My heart is open as always to humans of all colours, all creeds, all sexes and sexualities, all shapes and sizes, and all creatures. We all deserve respect and an equal place in this world. And my grateful thanks to all of you who stepped up to defend me in the last couple of days. It means so much that you have faith in me. With love, Bri.

3 Likes

Reuters noted Prime Minister Viktor OrbĂĄn, who is running for re-election in 2022, earlier this year proposed a referendum on a law that that bans the promotion of homosexuality and sex-reassignment surgery to minors in

“The Hungarian government proposes that citizens should have a chance to express their stance on the issues of gender propaganda,” Deputy Minister Balázs Orbán told Hungarian MPs, according to Reuters. “We are committed. We believe that we … have to say no to LGBTQ propaganda in schools carried out with the help of NGOs and media, without parental consent.”

7 Likes

Dutch government formally apologies for forced sterilization of trans, intersex people

6 Likes

Best known among anti-transgender circles for their proposed re-writing of the 1981 Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) in an attempt to deny access to gender-affirming care, accurate identity documents, and nondiscrimination protections to transgender and nonbinary people, the WHRC has also been directly linked to disinformation campaignsabout international LGBT groups.

12 Likes

These people are truly terrifying. I fear where we are going

10 Likes

Richard Dawkins should be well known for “they’re coming for our women” bigotry. Directing it at religious people is kind of Dawkins’ thing.

13 Likes

I’m not sure I would call Dawkins “secular.” He certainly believes in his own divinity.

13 Likes

he still asshole sacha baron cohen GIF

12 Likes

I think I chose wisely when I went with left wing, anarchists, pro LGBTQ+, feminists, humanists, atheists, skeptics with fortean leanings etc and dropped right wing, gamergate, IDW, TURFs etc.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yep. He simultaneously forces his atheist beliefs and cultural Christianity on people, and isn’t remotely conflicted about that.

9 Likes
13 Likes