Today in transphobia (Part 1)

I prefer to call it gaining a vagina.

12 Likes

Enhance Level Up GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

12 Likes

https://archive.ph/mpywF

11 Likes
11 Likes

How the fuck do people still think that the TERs are the reasonable ones?

19 Likes

So, funny story. The first time I heard the name Posie Parker in relation to transphobia, I was devastated. I had misread the name as Parker Posey, a person I’ve had a celebrity crush on since I saw Dazed and Confused.

18 Likes
14 Likes
13 Likes
17 Likes
16 Likes

This is why I have such a difficult time understanding the TER position, even as a cis guy. I call Bette Midler a woman. That is not controversial. I call you a woman. That isn’t controversial to me. But TERs call it an attack.

Whut!?! Who is being attacked? Answer: no one. How can that be remotely defensible? How do rational people not just laugh and point when a TER tries to do that?

16 Likes
6 Likes

My point exactly. Whenever I hear transphobes or homophobes declaring their “fear of a LGBTQ planet,” I like to point out that unless you are interested in a romantic relationship with this particular person, why does it matter to you who they love or how they identify? How does this impact your life or your rights by leaving another person the fuck alone? (OK, might leave out that last part.) The looks that you get are usually confused and often a bit angry, since as a straight cis white guy they expect me to be on their side. I am very much of the opinion that more of us straight, white, cis males need to make it clear which side we are on so that the fascists feel just how small they are. They think they are in the “silent majority” (god, I hated that phrase.) when they are really in the asshole minority. They need to know this, loud and clear.

(Rant over)

16 Likes

TERFs spotted at the Labour Party conference.

Every one of those names at the event is warning flagged on my computer.

14 Likes

“And then, in bold lettering, the missive stipulates that they “want to keep social lies OUT [sic] of the classroom.” The click-through of this email is a survey asking the recipient to choose between two options—each in a block of red:

“YES — Keep transgender propaganda OUT”

and

No — Teach young children there is more than one gender.”

The GOP is so Christian at this point that they don’t even recognize more than one gender anymore?“

17 Likes

There’s only one that matters.

16 Likes

There are only men and not-men.

15 Likes

And Swamp Thing.

12 Likes

Of course, they are not men because they are DEVO (the concept, not the band).

9 Likes

Eve was created from Adam’s rib, so Eve must have had a Y chromosome.

This is the logical end point of Young Earth Creationism.

17 Likes