Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Absolutely. That’s why all the cheques he sends us are… wait, I never actually got mine…

7zitxq6

13 Likes
14 Likes

“Ms Millar previously shot to prominence after being controversially charged with posting allegedly homophobic and transphobic content online. Prosecutors discontinued the case in October last year.

“Feminist” is really being slurred here.

14 Likes

In the name of full equality, she wants to demonstrate that women can also be hateful arseholes.

11 Likes

Black transgender actresses Laverne Cox and Angelica Ross discussed the stigma men face when dating transgender women on the latest episode of If We’re Being Honest With Laverne Cox.

“It’s deeply problematic when people hear that a famous man is with a trans woman and they automatically think that he’s gay,” Cox said. “Because that is disavowing the womanhood of trans women.”

“I can’t believe, in 2022, we’re still dealing with stigma. And that there are so many men, celebrity men, famous men, who are terrified of people finding out that they’re sleeping with trans women. I honestly can’t believe it!”

17 Likes

Same as it ever was. Especially artists and musicians.

15 Likes

Stoking transphobia in hopes of using it as a legal defense. The self-hate is strong with this one.

13 Likes

Still, Watkins said she does not align with the transgender community because “really ultimately I hate myself; I see myself in them.”
“It’s not a like a flag you wave. ‘Look how cool,'” she said. “For me, it’s just like painful… It’s embarrassing and honestly disgusting.”

If this is true and not just a gambit to avoid punishment, that might be the saddest sentence I have read in a while.

16 Likes

Sad also if it’s a gambit–the collateral damage it can do to people who are struggling to find themselves is incalculable.

16 Likes

That’s a lot of self hate :disappointed_relieved:

17 Likes

I’ve met a few trans folks like her. It’s so sad to see someone who has internalized hate so thoroughly. Being trans is a gift, I just wish some segments of society could see that.

16 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

13 Likes

Thread

13 Likes

Get off the fucking fence Stephen!!!

12 Likes

It looks to me like he has.

Trans people are upset. Rowling is concerned about safety.

17 Likes

Suspicious On To You GIF by Originals

15 Likes

I wouldn’t feel safe in a restroom will her; but I guess safety concerns only extend to real people.

15 Likes

Right? She clearly would lash out, because she seems to believe trans people existing is somehow a threat to her life. As if it’s not straight white cisgendered men who are the real threat to all of us… A trans person did not beat her, it was a man who did that shit.

13 Likes

“I know that JK Rowling doesn’t want to see trans people bullied, alienated, shut out of society.”

Shut it, Fry, you fucking liar.

16 Likes

She is likely this meme personified.

17 Likes