Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Just another terf du jour, as far as I know.

8 Likes

Linehan wrote on his blog that the decision was “an attack on my right to freedom of speech”.

:face_with_monocle:
So every manuscript I send that doesn’t get published, every screenplay that doesn’t get aired…it’s an attack on my freedom of speech? Now I know. :woman_shrugging:t2:

15 Likes

Cancel culture definition: I don’t have a prime time talk show of Fox News.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Anti - trans, anti/Muslim, anti-Jewish, anti Black Panther film, Michelle Obama is a man - checked all the wingnut talking points.

12 Likes

I think there are a lot of TERs who need to read this, but it might be too complex for them

I have bad memories of TERs trying to claim intersex doesn’t exist, because it doesn’t work with their gender essentialist beliefs. XX males and XY females break their minds.

17 Likes

With those idiots, if it doesn’t fit on a bumper sticker, it’s “Just egghead talk.” Trying to argue factually and scientifically with people whose first move is to shut off the analytical parts of their brains is a waste of your time.

13 Likes

It’s analogous to the door-to-door evangelical attitude;

Nobody ever joins them when they turn up at your door shouting that you’re going to Hell if you don’t do what they say, but they get to go back to their group and be among the only people that believe their special brand of thinking.
It isn’t about converting us, it’s about strengthening them.

Which also explains why cheerfully telling them to Fuck Off only makes them happy…

17 Likes

Sounds like a win-win.

8 Likes

Getting off topic, but it’s also pretty fun trying to get them to explain what’s going on in Exodus 4:24. I love a road story as much as the next person, but that bit is just weird.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Shall I send you some writings to not publish, so we can take this to the next level? It’ll be like cage fighting, only in the literary/constitutional and completely silly sense…silly because of my writing, not the underlying issues of free speech.

4 Likes

Another day, another transphobic cartoon in a national newspaper.
I edited it out of the tweet - blurred version below, should you wish to see a lame ass tired old trope being used yet again.

Pic.

14 Likes

I don’t even get what the joke was supposed to be…did the date feel misled because her date was a trans woman? Instead of a cis-gendered woman? Or had she expected a cis man? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

4 Likes

Hello? Toronto Star - 1930 called - they want their “joke” back.

The offensive representative caricature is right up their with the worst graphic ethic stereotype anywhere.

17 Likes

Just FYI, in case anyone is wondering, Vic Lee is the “artist” and you can find the comic at Comics Kingdom, too.

11 Likes

Abroad, vs “a broad”

That is, she had expected a cisgendered Male who had been “abroad”.

7 Likes

Horrible “joke,” play on homonyms aside.

12 Likes

I became engrossed in thinking about the character on the right. Someone who has been living as a woman for two years but still uses the term “broad” to talk about women including herself. I love the idea that after growing up in a misogynist man’s culture (“broad”) that strongly discouraged introspection (“sorry, but I did not lie” is a real clue to this), she has gone all out on living her best life. It’s dangerous to walk down the street with a beard and a dress. What a fascinating character.

Oh, was I supposed to think about how the character on the left had been tricked by a transgender person? Fuuuuuuuuuuck!

12 Likes

:joy:Exactly! But was still answering personal ads that were obviously looking for a cis-male? That’s why I didn’t get it, it just doesn’t make any sense…
I guess it’s not my kind of humor.

7 Likes