Today Is My Birthday, and I Only Have One Wish

We have (mostly) gone from hunting whales to this:

Also, you will always be younger than I. :grin:
Happy Birthday!

10 Likes

Good on them.

Thanks!

5 Likes

This is a nice tribute to George Takei (although in my mind it was already as good as canon, and theyā€™re just making it official)

9 Likes

Fuck Cancer!

Iā€™m also a cancer

3 Likes

Brilliant, thanks.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing news. Hope she gets better soon.

7 Likes

Today, on 7/7/16, some kid will be born. They will be completely helpless for the first years of their life. They will grow up facing many of the challenges common to us all. Eventually they will grow up, and do something great, and become famous. Theyā€™ll write a hit song, or walk on Mars, or cure a disease, or write an incredible novel. And in about forty years youā€™ll discover that the two of you share a birthday, and youā€™ll say ā€œHey thatā€™s my birthday too!ā€. That person is being born right now. Today.

15 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Damn it! You took my good news!

Okay, @Melizmatic, how about the Iron Man (in the comic) being a young black woman instead of a white dude? Iron Person? Iron Folk? Iron Woman?

Happy birthday! Weā€™re happy youā€™re here!

7 Likes

Do people keep posting Guinness because I mentioned my Irish ancestry previously, or something?

Iā€™m actually more of a mixed drink kinda gal:

Hey you know I already love the new Thor:

2 Likes

And she was honored in the boring way we do such things now: a block was named in her honor, between 50th and 51st Street on Blackstone in the Kenwood neighborhood on the south side of Chicago.

7 Likes

let me offer you the five rules i live by which distill the most important lessons iā€™ve ever learned and have given me much joy in the years since i adopted themā€“

iā€™ve hurt myself more by worrying too much than i have ever hurt myself by not worrying enough. (i.e. donā€™t borrow trouble)

donā€™t say something you canā€™t easily take back.

give more consideration to the ones who truly care about you than to the ones who donā€™t.

ability and a kind word will get you farther than ability alone.

itā€™s never too late to have a happy childhood.

10 Likes

Brilliant advice; thank you.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was so focused on telling that joke I neglected to highlight a really good thing about today: ITā€™S YOUR BIRTHDAY. I hope Iā€™m not too late. If I am, thenā€¦

5 Likes

Nope; itā€™s still my birthday until 12 midnight PST.

Thank ya, kindly.

4 Likes

http://www.conniekaldor.com/a-million-little-things/birthday-song/

2 Likes

Matt from Where the Heck Is Matt? is in the process of making a new video as we speak. All are worth watching, but if I need to feel better immediately this is the one I watch:

I hope you only ever have to watch this video to appreciate its joy and exuberance, not because you need it!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome; thanks for sharing it.

:slight_smile:

1 Like