Today's mass shootings

Mass shooting in the UK? WTAF? Come on, guys. Don’t be like us!

9 Likes

We had a name for these types when I was growing up and it was LOSERS.

11 Likes

On his Facebook page, Davison claimed to be from Arizona, but his distinctive accent is typical of people from the south-west of England.

Maybe like that bridge in Lake Havasu City…

10 Likes

Ugh. That’s horrible.

D&D alignment matrix to roleplay shits like these would need a “pathetic evil” role.

10 Likes

He’s somehow shocked that women avoid angry, violent males who hate women? Fucking evil idiot.

If you despise women so much; why do you want to be with one?

Because you wanted to harm them from the start. It’s not women’s very well founded avoidance of people like you that motivated you - you always wanted to subjugate women.

14 Likes

They are rare but they do happen. A friend of my brother was killed in the last one in 2010.

11 Likes

I can see one rather major difference between the UK mass shootings and the US ones. The ones in the UK can be identified by which decade they happened in… for the US, even going by individual day is not enough information to identify which mass shooting you are referring to.

That phrase would have a totally different meaning in the US when referring to shootings…

10 Likes

It would be great if misogynistic threats from men were taken as seriously as Muslim radicalism. I won’t hold my breath with Patel in charge. That said if it gets classified as terrorism she is no longer in control of that so there is a possibility.

I really hope this wake up call is heeded by law enforcement, and not just in Britain.

22 Likes
19 Likes

All who were injured or killed were women or girls, except for the man who was with the woman and baby at the time.

And despite all of that shooting, including a gunfight WITH THE POLICE, the guy was taken into custody.

19 Likes

He tried to take a deputy’s gun in the hospital, and he still was not shot.

frustrated kristen wiig GIF

ETA: For clarification, I don’t want anyone to be shot. Just pointing out the vast chasm of difference.

18 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/politics/gun-violence-spike-2021-explainer/index.html

From the article:

According to the Gun Violence Archive, from January 1 to September 15, a total of 14,516 people died from gun violence in the US. That’s 1,300 more than during the same period in 2020, a 9% increase. Mass shootings are also on the rise. Through September 15, there have been 498 mass shootings across the US, or an average of about 1.92 per day. That’s 15% higher than last year, when there were a total of 611, a rate of 1.67 per day, according to data from the GVA

8 Likes
8 Likes

First in a 2-part series, showing how a handgun stolen in a neighboring state (not just across the border: 480 miles away) ends up being responsible for at least 27 shootings in Chicago (where there are strict gun laws):

17 Likes

One of the injured is a co-worker of my BIL. :disappointed:

20 Likes

Cross post in fuck today, fuck today, fuck today.

16 Likes
22 Likes

Update on tv.

4 victims. 3 at hospital, 1 with minor injuries and went home.

Suspect identified Timothy George Simpkins 18 yo.

15 Likes

Came to post the same
and highlight this quote from the article below:

“This is not a random act of violence. This is not somebody attacking our schools,” Arlington Assistant Police Chief Kevin Kolbye said. “This was a student who got into a fight and drew a weapon.”

Because that makes it better?! Your school was attacked by someone with a gun you stupid fuck. The fact it was preceeded by a fight does not make it any less horrifying

15 Likes

i think, whether that was his point or not*, it supports the fact you can’t separate society into criminals and non-criminals, responsible gun owners and irresponsible gun owners

everyone is capable of violence. tools that enable easy injury and death are therefore not “neutral.” it’s only by regulating and removing the tool of violence that you can mitigate the effects of violence

(* used to be cops generally supported gun control because it makes their job safer. i could see the blue lives madder crowd no longer thinking that way tho )

18 Likes