Today's mass shootings

To be clear: we have a Neonazi terrorism problem.

That fucker tried to stream his mass murder like a fucking video game stream. Like that asshole on the other side of the world. “Analysts” are already taking about that it seems that he radicalised himself “on the internet” - and I quote nearly verbatim here - “and took his hatred back to the internet”.

Fuck. This.

ETA: that arsehole wasn’t only a murderous neo-fascist arsehole, but thankfully an incompetent one.

The blueprints for his weapons come from a British arsehole, and yet again a frozen peaches advocate who believed that not only everyone should have access to information, but actually to weapons.

He is long dead, but his blueprints and his propaganda still survive on the internet.

[Disclaimer: once upon a time, I read the Cookbook, and though it would be a good idea that it’s available on the Usenet for everyone. That fairy tale didn’t end well.]

16 Likes
8 Likes

Some more local coverage with a pic of the place.

I immediately thought - social club in NY? Likely mob related. But not so sure.

10 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

“Up to this point, we enjoyed living here,” Bill Popper, 67, told The Chicago Tribune. “It’s been normal, a nice area.”

Translation: this is an all-white neighborhood, and the mass shooting in this instance is white-on-white crime. You’ll notice race isn’t mentioned anywhere. You know what that means!

12 Likes
9 Likes

Count is at 5 now. 10:28 CST.

7 Likes

A positive posting. I dont have evidence that the student had any intent to harm others.

11 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Fuck

9 Likes

But somehow it won’t be covered by Fox, whereas a similar shooting in Chicago will prompt all sorts of comments about “you see what happens when you ban guns?”.

9 Likes

I have not seen actual data on this, so take this as purely subjective impression, but does it not seem Texas has been the location of a significant number of mass shootings this year? Something something more guns something?

7 Likes

Good question.

7 Likes

Gubmint statistics suggest Texas might not be the mad shooting gallery people think it is

All the neighboring states are worse

The closest place that is better is Nebraska

http://cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

7 Likes

Interesting that Texas has the highest total. They have a big population, too, but the states with similar or higher populations that also have more restrictive gun laws (CA & NY) have much lower rates.

Sheesh, look at Alaska. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that’s mostly “It’s been 50 below for five straight weeks and I haven’t seen another person or the sun for three months…” suicides.

7 Likes

I used to know somebody from Juneau, she said … what you said

9 Likes

Juneau is more freezing rain blowing sideways, IIRC.

5 Likes
6 Likes