Today's mass shootings

The classic Finnish way of doing that goes something like this:

1. Binge drink
  2. Get angry
  3. Get axe or a firearm
  4. Throw your family in to the snow or kill 'em out right
  5. suicide or prison
4 Likes

No details, but feels racist. Video seems to show at least some victims being older folks. I hate that’s where my mind goes first.

15 Likes

Suspect is a middle aged Asian man , rumored to have shot himself after the event.

6 Likes

Funny you should say that, and now listen to this guy (LA Sheriff),

(Screenshot reading about Monterey Park)

who walks into a dance hall and guns down 20 people…” he says :roll_eyes::sweat: a lot of people in the U.S. apparently.

15 Likes

It still seems unclear if they’re still looking for the suspect.

8 Likes

Press conference about to start, they are now reporting the man in the van is dead from self inflicted gun shots.

5 Likes

I wonder if this thought occurred to some in the LDS: Imagine if Michael had to beat his family to death using only his fists; guns cause less pain and suffering.

8 Likes

Why not another one? Holy shit…

15 Likes

Right up until the moment a hail of bullet pierces through their bodies, that is.

I’m not ever gonna be able to retire that gif, am I?

14 Likes

18 Likes

It’s only the freakin’ 23RD.

Not even a whole 30 days into the new year…

20 Likes

I guess we are now doing multiple per day. (maybe need to change header to Today’s mass Shootings)

But it’s never about the easy access to weapons of mass annihilation, now, is it?

13 Likes

And removing or restricting guns won’t help even a little bit
/s

weep bbc GIF

12 Likes

Oh, never.

11 Likes

WTF is going on in NoCal??

9 Likes

What the actual FUCK…

11 Likes

i think they’re contagious. guns are so easy to use, so easy to get, and so deadly. if a person even has a passing idea about it, it can become a reality. those on the edge, get sucked in after hearing about ones near them i think

9 Likes

I agree that copycats are a thing. This is just a little hard to take in. Holy shit…

10 Likes

also, in that article:

“OPD officers were dispatched to the area to investigate a ShotSpotter activation,” the statement read

i’m so glad they got the advertisement in there. it didn’t help stop the shooting, it didn’t even help them find the shooter. and in the end they still relied on reports to 911… but at least gun manufacturers and gun security theater can make money off it all. go capitalism #@$!

eta:

very much so. i’m right there with you. it’s awful :confused:

14 Likes

Is there another thread on suicide?

It’s mass shootings in here.

10 Likes