I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Those who reject essential dog toppers such as relish can skip this - those who know better should try:

And those that like spicy stuff should rummage around the Wickles site a bit for jalpeno relish and spicy sandwich spread.

All this hot dog talk here, today I had to get some for lunch. So prepped uncured all natural dogs on Pennsylvania potato bun, with a squirt of brown mustard, squirt of ketchup, spoon of relish and a forkful of cole slaw. It was damn good.

7 Likes

Lunch today was just fine, ketchup and all. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks for the idea of looking on Amazon! We’ve been trying to find some of the German mustard we used to love in Norway, while I don’t see the particular brand yet there are lots of things to try.

They also seem to have German curry ketchup described as a “typical Bratwurst condiment”, so there’s that.

9 Likes

Ok, here is another one, a childhood favorite, I don’t think I’ve had this combo since I was a kid:

Dog in bun topped with baked beens, mashed potatoes, kraut, & ketchup (but I would not refuse mustard on that either).

And speaking of childhood, no dog lover would mind a fried baloney sandwich - mustard and relish on mine thanks.

7 Likes

Wince. BBL.

2 Likes

And now I gotta find a roll big enough to fit a whole Devon* in.

*AKA, Bung, Fritz, Belgium or Luncheon.

6 Likes

Ha! Well, no, you just fry the slices. First they dome up in the middle as they cook around the edges, and then you flip them over. Get sliced thick for this.

7 Likes

Sure, you could, but on the other hand, Monster Dogs!
Wonder how much cooking one would take…

ETA: Wow., 2,500 calories and near 9 grams of sodium in a whole one. :smiley:

5 Likes

You people aren’t listening.

ONIONS

IN

SAUCE

it compels you

AND comes in bags!

13 Likes

Kimchi is such an awesome substitution for kraut on a dog. Vietnamese pickled radish/carrots would also work in such situations. But hear me out on this one…wasabi mayo

12 Likes

the Onions in Sauce don’t seem weird to me.

But that and the fact it comes in Pushcart Style. :confused:

7 Likes

Oh no they’re all pushcart style. That’s where the flavor comes from. If they aren’t pushcart style they’re a pale imitation.

The modern man demands his onions be made in New Jersey and handled in Pushcart fashion. Its tres chic.

11 Likes

And all this time I’ve been using Hand-basket Style like a chump!

11 Likes

I’m just trying to figure out how one keeps the sauce part in a basket.

8 Likes

Briefly.

But on the plus side, I can always find my way back to where I picked them up.

11 Likes

And yet the picture on the label shows a hotdog with mustard. :thinking:

10 Likes

They said it compels you. They didn’t say anything about the graphic artist.

6 Likes

Maybe it comes with crayons for the kiddies, and they are to draw the sauce on the dog while they wait for their food to be prepared. For those restaurants too cheap to buy coloring-book-style placemats.

8 Likes
8 Likes