I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Oh my God you’ve never tried it then, it is sublime.

11 Likes

My spouse informed me the mess of fried okra we had last night will probably be the last of the season.

That and questions of what should or shouldn’t go on hot dogs reminded me of the first time my mother made okra. She boiled it and put cheese sauce on it.

I think we can all agree that’s an abomination.

8 Likes

Fries with mayo is the best, followed closely by steak sauce. Then zorka sauce (mayo+ mustard), bbq sauce, then I suppose ketchup.

4 Likes
  • ketchup
  • catsup

0 voters

5 Likes

Its basically a variation on Worcestershire sauce. But thicker and fruitier. Similar to Jamaican pick-a-pepper and Japanese tonkastu sauce. The closest American equivalent would be steak sauce. A-1 or Heinz 57.

But brown sauce is much thicker and a bit sweeter. Americans tend to know HP and Chef, the major Irish brand if they have any experience with the stuff.

It’s waaaaay better than ketchup though. Great on a burger and acceptable on dogs in my opinion. Mostly because it’s not basically red sugar.

5 Likes

Fun ketchup fact for all you Maker types out there:

Works a treat for rust removal on objects that are too big or weirdly shaped for submersion, since you can spread it over the work.

7 Likes

catchup

7 Likes

Tomato spooge

4 Likes

???

5 Likes

Fries with Bearnaise sauce stands head-and-shoulders above all other options. Trust me on this!

5 Likes

That’s just fancy mayo with some green bits in it.

I neglected to top the list with “gravy and cheese curds” but that’s not really just fries anymore and a whole nother dish of its own.

3 Likes

Not at all. Mayo is oil emulsified with something tart via the power of raw, usually whole, eggs. Bearnaise is a hot cooked sauced of clarified butter emulsified with specifically vinegar using cooked egg yolks and flavored with herbs. They’re related. But Bearnaise is basically dressed up hollandaise. Its harder to make, doesn’t keep as well, and has a hell of a lot more going on than mayo.

Prefer Mayo on fries. Bearnaise is best on roasted potatoes and steak.

6 Likes

Best sauce on chips is all of them. At once. Including toum.

6 Likes

When I was about ten years old, I insisted that I was going to market a condiment which had ketchup and mustard in the same bottle, called “Barf-o Juice”. But I can’t remember why.

10 Likes

[quote=“popobawa4u, post:474, topic:84560”]
“Barf-o Juice”.
[/quote]http://usel.az/image/data/home/home3/1251453.jpg

11 Likes

I could have sworn this existed. But it looks like its just one of those presumably brilliant ideas everyone is always going on about.

Though given how this worked out:

I doubt it’d be too useful. They some how put both the worst peanut butter and the worst jelly in there and thought it was a good idea.

6 Likes

My fellow Americans…there is but one way to eat a dog that is hot, and that is without your Godless condiments, without your Commie ketchup or Liberal mustard. Eat that processed animal flesh the way that the Founding Fathers intended us to - naked and in amounts that would make an average human being physically ill

13 Likes

I thought it was a beverage.

4 Likes

I got your four food groups:

15 Likes

8 Likes