I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Brutal.

And processed goodness.

12 Likes

They should make those with ketchup inside them.

16 Likes

If only they could do that without making the ketchup hot. The cooling property of fresh-squirted ketchup is part of its charm.

15 Likes

The dogs are pre-cooked, right? So do you really need to heat them up?

10 Likes

Eating the hot dog cold?

A hot dog?

What kind of American are you?!

18 Likes

This kind of American (the kind that 'murcans ask “what country you from?”)
Especially the natural casing ones that we got from the butcher - the crunch when ya bit into them was especially satisfying when they were cold. (In hindsight, I suppose that those were the least safe to eat uncooked)

11 Likes

As a child, there was a period of time when I was sent off with a lunch consisting of hotdog sandwiches. I’m here to say that this is a terrible thing to do to a child, and was possibly the first nail in the coffin containing all the critter I never will eat. Cold hotdogs are gross. Paired with bread made soggy by ketchup, they are an insult to all things potentially good in this world.

13 Likes

@critter will be glad to hear this

17 Likes

He’d have been safe in my proximity since 1984!

15 Likes

And because they couldn’t leave well enough alone, and because it was the '80’s, those were quickly followed by these:

One of many things that my mother was convinced I really liked in spite of my refusal to eat them, although I did like the commercials with The Smothers Brothers.

8 Likes

Yay!  

7 Likes

I wish we’d been neighbors, I loved those things and couldn’t convince mom to buy them.

10 Likes

Oh, fancy! We used to make our own, because it was cheaper! (And, better ingredients.)

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s why mom didn’t buy them, those were a “premium” product and thus wasteful.

For a rare treat she would split a hotdog and fill it with cheese, wrap it in bacon and bake until done. I tried doing this on a rainy day a while back out of nostalgia. I did not feel well afterwards.

17 Likes

That looks totally delicious except for the dog-ends poking out.

3 Likes

This closely resembles how they’re prepared here in Tijuana. They call it Sinaloa style.

7 Likes

12 Likes

WHAT THE EVER LOVING EFF??!??

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/banana-no-smoking-no-bicycles-if-bananas-be-the-fruit-of-love-look-on-no-entry-sign-no-good-banana/91826/1370?u=othermichael

@M_M - could you post over here, please, since you’re bizarre tastes are in a private thread?

11 Likes

Is the taste different and distinctive enough that there’s prank potential in this?

10 Likes

In high school I was able to make a tortilla dog during a regular commercial break without missing any of the T.V. show I was watching.

1. Wrap dog in paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
  2. While hot dog is cooking put tortilla on stove, remove, add cheese and mustard
  3. Remove dog from microwave, unwrap from paper towel and wrap in tortilla
  4. Run back to couch and continue watching “Little House on the Prairie”
  5. Laugh at Mr. Edwards. Oh, that rough man!
18 Likes