I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

You are not alone.

I did think I was alone in using mustard on that concoction. I also would have accepted salsa, Worcestershire sauce, or BBQ sauce as correct.

5 Likes

For a while I was hooked on “hot dog sauce” which I’m pretty sure was really chili minus beans that they called “sauce” so no one would be tempted to eat it straight. Looking back I’m still not sure why I bothered with it at all.

7 Likes

I was going to ask if you’d travel a long way for a Nu-Way, but looks like that’s just a Georgia thing.

4 Likes

Do not sprinkle powered Tang® on a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

10 Likes

Hadn’t ever planned on it.

8 Likes

Yeah, being in Tennessee I wouldn’t have to go that far. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

For a moment, I thought you were talking about NuWay, est. 1930 in Wichita, Kansas. Loose-meat sandwiches of beef, mustard, onion, and pickle.

3 Likes

Macon & Fort Valley, GA

7 Likes

Makes me think of the crucial scene between Switters and the nun in Tom Robbins’ novel Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates.

1 Like

Read a few Tom Robbins but not that one. Another Roadside Attraction, Still Life with Woodpecker, and Jitter Bug Perfume are all I think I got through.

3 Likes

Think of it like a headstand but…

2 Likes

Macon’s not that far from where I live…

3 Likes

Nostalgia; summertime climbing into the back of grandma’s Cadillac and riding down to Fort Valley from Roberta when she and mom got a craving for them. If you’re in Macon and crave a chili dog you could do worse. It seems the food scene is getting better as downtown comes back.

Side note, never rhyme “Makin’ bacon in Macon” with a three year old along if you don’t want to hear it incessantly for the next week.

9 Likes

OMG, that is great. My wife is allergic to onions, and it’s pretty amazing how often something comes with onions despite specific requests.

I also had no idea how many things had onion until I met her.

7 Likes

A fave and common condiment in Japanese cooking that goes with tons of stuff, especially if it has been fried within an inch of its life. It has the consistency of ketchup but sweet/slightly salty and mysteriously dark colored.

Especially Katsu (panko fried pork, chicken or fish)

15 Likes

not sure about the taste, but the two other properties sound like motor oil

10 Likes

Sure. By Otafuku. Oh to fuck you. Yeah I spotted that a mile away.

8 Likes

Secret ingredient is cream of sum yun guy.

8 Likes

Its motor oil for your digestive system!

4 Likes

I buy it in that gallon size. It has a shelf life of forever and is absolutely necessary for yakisoba

and okonomiyaki.

13 Likes