I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

This is purported to be “vegetarian sonoran hotdog gimbap”.

Quite possibly one step too far on the fusion progression.

10 Likes

[quote=“orenwolf, post:702, topic:84560, full:true”]Is that actually a hot dog? Or does it have a flavour closer to a sausage.
[/quote]

It’s your classic Australian sausage sanger. One slice of bread, one hearty beef sausage fresh off the grill, smother in onions and tomato sauce. Mustard optional.

7 Likes

Has anyone tried salmon dogs? They’re a little tough to bite into, but I thought they were pretty tasty.
I used ketchup, but being salmon, I wonder if it would be better served with something meant for fish. Tartar sauce seems a little too harsh, I think.

5 Likes

A dill hollandaise, maybe, but who has that laying around? Or the will to make it from scratch, for that matter.
Flashback to making a 20 egg hollandaise every night, 40 eggs on weekends. At least I had a hell of a muscle on my right arm. :unamused:

9 Likes

Let’s see…

If you like democracy, sausages, and democracy sausages…

Well, probably everyone knows the rest of it :smiley:

5 Likes

I make spam gimbap. This thing you show, it does not make sense (still, as long as they weren’t soy dogs I’d try it)

Haven’t seen those, are they a commercial product or local specialty? We get shrimp dogs from time to time, but there’s no commercial ones I’m aware of. Yes, ketchup works on them, though lime and cilantro are better.

1 Like

I’ve seen them in the store and I will try anything, but the cost / benefit ratio hasn’t been there for me to buy them.

2 Likes

#YES. WE. CAN.

7 Likes

[quote]Haven’t seen those, are they a commercial product or local specialty? We get shrimp dogs from time to time, but there’s no commercial ones I’m aware of. Yes, ketchup works on them, though lime and cilantro are better.
[/quote]

Cilantro? I share the OR6A2 olfactory receptor genes that pick up on the scent of aldehyde chemicals, so it tastes like soap to me.

I found the salmon dogs in a health food store around '96 I believe. Still had that “hotdog” taste, but they were good. Packaged in sealed plastic like any other hotdog.

6 Likes

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/president-iceland-announces-he-would-ban-pineapple-a-pizza-topping

5 Likes

I’d vote for him

5 Likes

This from a man who eats rotten shark?

6 Likes

Try BBQ sauce on your salmon.

7 Likes

What a monster.

5 Likes

Yes! I already use KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Ray’s on my chicken sandwiches. :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

You people give me nightmares :wink:

10 Likes

I’m partial to Sweet Baby Ray’s. Especially on salmon. Works pretty well with Ahi, too.

5 Likes

Mayonnaise goes great with everything.

3 Likes

13 Likes

I especially like it on salad cream.

3 Likes