Trump accuses Comey of lying under oath, which is a felony

Yep, to that, but I think he shooed away his advisors because he didn’t want to have to juggle getting others in the room to lie for him en masse when asked about his conversation with Comey. He didn’t want ANY witnesses.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Except if the bus happens to be a Catbus… Catbus!

10 Likes

Well Mr. Prezident, if that is your real name, I say let’s go to the tapes. Got those handy?

6 Likes

(Insert Law and Order “Dummm! Dummmm!”)

14 Likes

He’ll say he destroyed them (as he did with business records). The patron saint of sociopaths.

12 Likes

"“I’ll tell you about that maybe sometime in the very near future,” [LIKE I HAVE MY TAX RECORDS] Trump said Friday when asked about the existence of a recording system during an appearance in the Rose Garden. “I’ll tell you about it over a very short period of time.” [TWEET]

7 Likes

And he got impeached for it. So, yes Presidents are indeed held accountable. See also Nixon, who would have been impeached and removed from office if he’d not resigned.

7 Likes

I half expect 45’s team to string together Comey’s words from the hearing to make up some sort of bogus tape. You know it’s what Bannon would love to do.

10 Likes

I think this is exactly what we’ll get. And of course, he’ll refuse to turn them over to see if they’ve been doctored.

4 Likes

Yeah I understand the context– I was just making a joke about how the Trumpsters think facts work; sorry to confuse.

1 Like

We’re on the same wavelength; I had that thought also. But I sort of hope he does it. Audio forensics experts can determine if tape manipulation has taken place, and it would be great to nail him on that; they’re HIS tapes.

7 Likes

Ah. Sorry for my confusion. Sometimes it’s hard to know when something is a joke! My bad! Carry on!

3 Likes

Truth be told, sometimes I’m not even sure when I’m joking myself :confused:

5 Likes

It’s the times we’re living through… first as tragedy, then as farce… we are dead in the middle of the farce part.

11 Likes

[quote]A defiant President Trump on Friday addressed the swirling controversy over ousted FBI Director James Comey and said he would be willing “100 percent” to testify under oath about his version of events.

Trump’s comments add fuel to a dramatic he-said, he-said showdown with the former top cop by flatly denying much of what Comey said under oath a day earlier.[/quote]
Him saying he would do it is enough for his support base apparently.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Hearing the Bush version of John’s song makes me upchuck a little.

3 Likes

And now for a musical interlude:

4 Likes

I’m imagining Trump actually testifying, and it’s a pretty crazy movie going on in my head. . . .

11 Likes