Trump, chickening out of ABC debate, wants one on Fox News instead

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, shock collar linked to the microphone active when it’s not his turn to speak.

12 Likes

Couldn’t we have someone manually control it?

:pleading_face:

14 Likes

Although the last person who almost got assassinated in front of a chock-full-o-MAGA crowd in PA was…Trump.

7 Likes

Pay per press? Say bye bye to the national debt.

14 Likes

… it’s been said before

Pelosi says Biden shouldn't debate Trump: 'I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him'

11 Likes

Nancy Pelosi Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

15 Likes
10 Likes

“Trump Agrees to Hold Elections for Him on October 29 - Says November 5 Elections Unnecessary Since He Will Already Be Elected President Then”

14 Likes

declare victory early and often!

15 Likes

I know I harp on this a lot, but I can’t get past “Slopadopolous.” This is the guy who Republicans want to entrust with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world.

An elderly sex pest with diminished faculties, criminal convictions, an inability to spell, and given to childish taunts, and Xitter fights may be again the most powerful person alive.

14 Likes

Other than as a spectacle, I don’t really think there’s any point anyway, even if we’re not dealing with someone like T.
I just don’t see how the skills shown in a live debate transfer to what we need in a President. We’d learn more by having them, say, pick their “dream team” of a Cabinet. Or anything that shows their ability to put together and work with a team, arguably the most critical skill for a president.

14 Likes

is a person with access to power the same as a powerful person? whether he starts armageddon, or merely directs the military to start rounding up americans ( as is his stated intention ), it will be because he’s fundamentally a weak person, not because he’s strong.

( although i grant, at that point, the semantics really don’t matter much. )

9 Likes

That was for the Bush/Dukakis debate in 1988. I’d love to see the requirements they came up with, just to laugh/cry over how innocent they will seem to us now.

10 Likes

The only format that would be informative would be if it was scored live based on actual debate rules: a candidate gain points when they make an assertion backed by evidence or counters an opponent’s assertion with evidence. Extra points if it is an actual accomplishment of theirs or a team they have led; negative points for a lie or a claim that isn’t backed with evidence of the claim.

The running score is displayed live for the audience and candidates, as determined by a panel of expert judges of varying backgrounds and across the political spectrum.

10 Likes

Rounding everyone up because he’s afraid of being overthrown may be a sign of weakness, but his weakness doesn’t mean that he lacks the power to do it.

The strongman is really the weak man: his secret is that he makes everyone else weaker.

8 Likes

… we can track the decline of trust in institutions, in that the debates were once run by an actual independent group, then after that by a fake “commission” run by the campaigns, and now just directly by the campaigns :thinking:

10 Likes

I believe Russia has more warheads than the US.

However, the great danger is not that Trump would start a war, it is that he would sell the launch codes to Putin. This would be entirely legal and thus, according to Republican thinking, entirely right if it profits him. (Trump himself doesn’t care about legality.)

9 Likes
11 Likes

Also, they are suffering from th “No True Qscotman” fallacy, apparently.

7 Likes

After seeing the state of their kleptocracy-infected army when they invaded Ukraine, I’d guess that at least 30% of that arsenal is stripped beyond functioning. Which isn’t actually a comforting thought, when you wonder which parts went where.

12 Likes