Trump found someone even worse than Tom Price to regulate Health and Human Services: an insulin profiteer

It’s called the Canadian border. I am quite happy to be on this side of it too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, business as usual.

2 Likes

Insulin is fucking expensive.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/933196946683994112

3 Likes

My wife told me about that this morning.

3 Likes

US healthcare bastardry is literally murderous.

For example:

http://dangardner.ca/the-war-on-drugs-and-uncle-sams-big-stick/

Australian kids, who could have lived, are dead because of this.

5 Likes

He’ll be out soon too, to make place for someone even worse. Someone like…

160204183157-martin-shkreli-pharma-bro-congress-gowdy-cummings-sot-00002201-large-169

3 Likes

I’m glad to live in Finland, where insulin and similar vital medicines are free of charge. Anything else is, in this day and age, nothing but callous barbarism.

6 Likes

From what I understand, the secret is to keep your customer base coming back for more; treat the symptoms, not the cause.

1 Like

It looks like that portal is a Highway to the Danger Zone.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link to the trailer. That’s looks right up my celluloid alley; Dwayne Johnson, Albino-Kong, explosions!

Yeah but, a movie based the the arcade game Rampage? They’ve done Battleship, is Pong next?

1 Like

I’m sure that Trump would have been more than happy to appoint Harold Shipman or John Bodkin Adams to the job, if they were still alive.

4 Likes

“Bodkin”

Just drive to Canada. Healthcare spending is way lower there and yet health outcomes are better. Because they do it via tax and then everybody is covered.

2 Likes

Also perfect for top jobs in law enforcement!

“Odds” Bodkin?

Goody goody gumdrops for you.

Given that the border is not immune to any potential chemical, biological or nuclear fallout, I’m gonna have to say that just ain’t good enough.

1 Like

True, it’s still uncomfortably close but things seem a little more real up here anyway. The U.S. is getting a little more “Alice in Wonderland”-ish every day.

1 Like