Trump renews attack on patriotic family of Muslim American war hero

I’m sure it’s been covered elsewhere, but let’s not forget his other qualifications, namely he comes with great, just really grea-, fantastic really, experience with graft. Excuse me, I mean, “exercises in naivete”

5 Likes

I am absolutely floored by the level of discourse that is taking place among trump supporters. Check out what I found circulating on a family member’s wall:

Never mind the fact that nothing in this photo is true; it demonstrates the pure hatred these people have for Muslims. They could never be “good soldiers” in these people’s eyes.

…definitely gotta stay off Facebook.

20 Likes

My FB wall became a solid stream of this sort of BS over the past few weeks – either paranoid anti-Muslim memes, photoshops of either Hillary or Trump’s heads on the bodies of various animals, babies, or statues, reposted political cartoons, or (just as bad) pictures of sparkly rainbow unicorns and kittens with big SHARE THIS TO DROWN OUT THE POLITICS headlines. I logged out and haven’t opened Facebook in over a week.

13 Likes

Sounds like you need to unfollow a lot of folks, stat.

9 Likes

There are so many disturbing things in Trump supporter discourse. The complete immunity to facts, the level of comfort with flat out lying when convenient, the xenophobic hate and fear turned up to 11, the absolute anti-intellectualism and irrationality, and the level of insularity - anything the “Liberal Media” says is dismissed as part of a great conspiracy to harm Dear Leader. The GOP has been pushing this sort of thing for decades, but with Trump it’s going to new extremes.

14 Likes

Oh, I am just waiting for the debates!!!

3 Likes

He’ll probably try to avoid participating in even a single one, watch.

13 Likes

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow weaseled out of them just like he weaseled out of his tax disclosure. He’s already been setting up his excuse by complaining about the timing coinciding with NFL.

9 Likes

Shit, Charlie Sheen in full-on ‘winning’ mode would be preferable to The Donald.

5 Likes

He can try, but that will only serve to make him look weak to anyone who isn’t one of his brainwashed minions.

No debates equates to being afraid of Hilary; I don’t think his ego could handle the taunts,

7 Likes

Oh, if he weasels out he’ll have some weak excuse about the liberal medias bias and Corrupt Hillary cheating somehow that will mollify his ego. If he debates, she’d mop up the floor with him so badly he’d have no excuse and his fragile ego will be shattered since not only will he lose badly, but he’ll lose to a woman. I do hope he doesn’t take the coward’s way out, but I wouldn’t count on it. He is at his core a cowardly bully.

11 Likes

And on TV, he’s blathering about how “quiet” Khan’s wife was, and that “she probably, maybe wasn’t allowed to have anything to say, you tell me”.

11 Likes

Except for his fine goatee and a love for Guinness.

7 Likes

I keep hoping that ship has sailed, that he’s already alienated everyone who isn’t one of his small-minded army, but there’s a frightening number who still respond with “Well I don’t agree with everything he says, but…”

1 Like

Y’know, I think what we really need at this point is an equivalent of the Mitt Romney Dog Incident. Maybe you can get away with slagging on veterans, but cuddly animals? No coming back from that. Then show Clinton gamboling with some kittens and we can all go home.

7 Likes

That’s why HRC’s camp needs to call him out before he can; ie, “what’s the matter Donnie, you scared?”

Not in those exact words of course.

6 Likes

I think that image could easily stand for the word, “Bloodthirsty”.

2 Likes

with any luck we’ll get to see the paintings he did of his feet in the bathtub this year, rather than in 2024…

3 Likes

The words used to goad Trump into participating in a debate can’t be much longer than this, though. $0.50 words won’t filter through the orange fluff.

6 Likes