Trump riot: U.S. Attorney's Office in D.C. charges 55 people federally — unlawful entry, assault, theft, and weapons charges

So, like black people then.

10 Likes

And I bet dollars to donuts right now it’s just yet another bigoted White dudebro who thought that dumb shit looked “macho.”

Obligs A/F:

15 Likes

As awful as this whole scene was, it was a great teaching moment for my kids. They were witnesses and participants in a few BLM marches where they saw a broad spectrum of people marching peacefully side by side and also saw the brutal police response in media (fortunately, they were spared any direct experience of brutality). The differences in what we witnessed yesterday could not have been more stark and they picked it up immediately.

20 Likes

Has anyone checked the Water Buffalo Lodge?

19 Likes

That one makes a lot more sense once you realise who owns Blackwater.

11 Likes
19 Likes

Absolutely agree. I don’t think he’s missed a weekend or so during his entire term playing golf.

2 Likes

They may have identified him and published his real name, but he’ll always be Via Getty in our hearts.

21 Likes

iced earth, eh? Climate crisis denier, too?

1 Like

Even easier than you’d think: https://twitter.com/i/status/1257736599170736128

6 Likes

Can his /shudder handlers actually make merkin von bankrupt behave? They’ve had plennya trouble in the past when they tried it…

2 Likes

Even better, someone called out @FBI in the thread. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, even his scummiest pardons weren’t so much to help those he pardoned, but because of perceived benefit to himself. Need to curry favour with Eric Prince? Pardon the Blackwater sleaze bags. Want to keep Roger Stone and Paul Manafort loyal to you? Pardon them now, and they will be grateful little toadies.

Blanket pardoning of the putschists would only leave himself exposed as the instigator and draw unwanted attention. Besides, they are losers for getting arrested.

10 Likes

Oh, it totally will. White people get bail, lower sentences, and they’re also less likely to get the death penalty.

11 Likes

Could be a nod to the World Ice Theory beloved of Nazis, or to the Cold Winters pseudoscience popular among white supremacists.

7 Likes

The joke on heavy metal “blogs/aggregators” is that this is the first time he’s been of interest in a looooong time.

5 Likes

This pains me to say, but in today’s world you gotta put a (/s) tag on that. I have heard more than one MAGAt saying that very thing in dead seriousness.

9 Likes

Which statement was him expressing his feelings and intentions which one was something that he was browbeaten into reading for the camera? I’ll wait. Of course the reality when you try to divine Trump’s deeper intentions, you run into the problem that there is nothing there. He is purely reactive. I believe that pardoning the insurrectionists even though he finds them personally distasteful and “low class” is likely just because it is a way to get revenge at Congress for betraying him.

4 Likes

I hope the charges take intent into consideration. They didn’t break in to make a mess and steal mail. There is evidently ample material online of their planning of this. If someone walks into a crowded place with a bomb vest on, and doesn’t themselves up, it isn’t just simple possession of illegal explosives they’re going to be charged with.

Whatever they intended to do if they found Pelosi or others in their offices, that needs to be in the charges as well.

8 Likes

I would wager that there was some undocumented remuneration involved. edit:sp

3 Likes