Trump the Chump (Part 1)

Old tweets are still funny though.

9 Likes

In other contexts–say, a comedy sketch or other fictional candidacy–telling the terminally ill to get out and vote would be amusingly implausible.

I guess Trump’s seen the polls and realized he can’t take a single vote for granted, but I’d still think that if someone’s passionate enough that voting is more important than their health they don’t need to be told.

1 Like
5 Likes

False confidence? Out of money? Scam?

4 Likes

##De Niro Burn:

8 Likes

I don’t actually know enough about how much Mrs. Cosby knew to decide.

I consider Paterno an accomplice. There’s a big difference, IMO, between being a spouse and a boss of a predator. Moreover, there were other people in the program who are also accomplices. I hold each and every one of them responsible for their own actions in facilitating Sandusky’s criminal actions. So that said, if Mrs. Cosby actually facilitated her husband’s actions, then of course she should be held responsible for her role. But I don’t think it’s right to automatically say guilt by association, with her or Meliana Trump. It’s true we are all judged by the company we keep. And to that end, as I said in the other thread, I’m appalled at Meliana Trump’s character judgement. But that’s still a world of difference from being guilty by association. That’s my view anyway. I realize it’s not a simple thing.

6 Likes

I will be amazed if Melania Trump isn’t tied up in all sorts of prenup legal complications preventing her from saying what she’d like to.

13 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

11 Likes

Late stage capitalism.

8 Likes

It’s a good job I never claimed to be a jury. As for a justice, their role in criminal cases in the United States is to sentence, not convict.

Did what is the pertinent question. Married a rapist is not a crime, AFAIK. As I said, if someone is involved in covering up a crime, then they should be held accountable for that irrespective of their marital status.

I am not. But I think this is where we agree to disagree for the sake of civility. You seem like a nice and good person. I wish you a pleasant autumn.

2 Likes

I live in Austin now, but this time of year I get nostalgic for the Fall colors where I’m from. I tend forget about the raking :worried:

5 Likes

13 Likes

One I came up with after the first debate:

Q. Knock knock.

A. Who’s there?

Q. Interrupting Trump.

A. Interrupting Tru…

Q. (interrupting) That makes me smart!

15 Likes

Is that Pepe the hate frog in his eyes?

5 Likes

Hard to reclaim a symbol, once haters have ‘co-opted’ it.

1 Like

You know I can dig it.

4 Likes

Trump and Clinton both spoke at a big charity dinner tonight, and he blew it to the point of getting booed, which I guess is not a thing that usually happens at this event. Haaaaaahahahahaha :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

Wow I just watched his bit, well skipped to the ‘good bits’ and OMG he really has no fucking clue does he…

8 Likes

The Emperor’s New Clothes, man.

Remember it wasn’t just the masses of the kingdom that the emperor fooled; by the end, he had tricked himself into fully believing his own myth too…

5 Likes

First time anyone has been booed at the Al Smith dinner. Either he decided to forgo the tradition of telling lighthearted jokes entirely or he honestly can’t tell the difference between “humorless, tone-deaf slander” and “hilarious ribbing.”

The most incredible part was when he paused mid-monologue to address the booing by remarking “I don’t know if they’re mad at me or her…” and the audience shouted “YOU!!”

I also liked watching the very last of Rudy Giuliani’s spirit ground into dust.

9 Likes