Trump the Chump (Part 1)

11 Likes

His donaldjtrump dot con site just “molted”.

The landing page is simply a big button for CONTRIBUTE and another CONTRIBUTE button farther down (mind you, he’s retaining the old CONTRIBUTE button in the upper-right), so he really wants you to contribute. (And if you are new to his scams: contribution involves donating on a recurring basis and, on top of that, donating an additional “extra” amount 7 days later, just because. And both of these scams are automatic, requiring an explicit opt-out. Visually, the donation UI has the finely honed malevolence and attention-grabbing antics of a slot machine.)

His “From the Desk Of” rants have all been moved to a new “News” section are no longer directly visible. For each one, you now have to “click thru” a READ MORE box to get at individual statements (without knowing even what the topic of the rant is).

It’s like he’s self-engineered a functionality that mimicks the time when Twitter was muzzling him and forcing all users to “click thru” a warning acknowledgement first.

In terms of getting his message out, it’s a masterful self-pwn. (However, it may be he just wants to up the cash flow, unconcerned about publicity for the moment.)

EDIT: Per @Akimbo_NOT, this is permanent? It seems so uncharacteristic of him (or any publicity seeker) to shut off the spigot before the PR blitz/launch process for his new product. It almost seems like he’s exercising… patience or prudence. Two things I have never associated with him. What is going on? Could someone else be in a position to be strategically guiding his moves? Who would have (or has ever has had) that type of control over him?

7 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

Just howling into the void?

Maybe in that sense, but he sure does seem to still be pulling a lot of the Republican Party around by the nose.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Conservatives and conspiracy theorists: Trump is going to be back in office in August

Trump: ‘Hey look, I managed to put on my pants.’

Conspiracy theorists: He is sending an important coded signal about the lizard people with his pants.

13 Likes

I count 29.

(That’s more than enough anyway.)

1 Like

The magnets are falling off his fridge.

4 Likes

Tailored to accommodate a diaper? (Albeit a shitty job of tailoring.)

5 Likes

He shoulda got the vaccine, then he could stick them to his arm, lol.

6 Likes

There’s some debate about the video being manipulated.

Or maybe the government is experimenting with high-tech transporter technology?

4 Likes

13 Likes

I agree “diaper and/or elastic waistband pants” seems a lot more likely than “pants on backwards” but whatever the deal is his curators are having a harder and harder time preparing him for public display.

11 Likes

My first thought is that he had an accident on the front of his pants just before going on and didn’t have the time to change into an entirely different suit, so putting the wet spot behind where the camera couldn’t see it (notice, he slides sideways so as to never show anything but his front) was the only solution. Probably not the first time he’s needed this ‘hack’.

However, those wrinkles suggest he spent time sitting in the pants in that configuration, so I guess I’m wrong!

8 Likes

Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright once told an anecdote about a time that she had some kind of food/drink stain on the front of her skirt at an official dinner and had to flip her skirt around for the photo op that followed, but I’ve definitely never heard of anyone attempting that with pants. Many wealthy people or public figures tend to travel with a spare outfit available for these scenarios.

7 Likes

Depends. It does looks like he is packing bullet proof underwear.

2 Likes

Tromp raises everything to the next level, including protection of the family jewels. :+1:

4 Likes