Trump the Chump (Part 1)

Were Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe not available?

4 Likes

This was a pretty riveting (and depressing) read.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Looks like heā€™s going to pick Pence as running mate. Sad!

Newt would have been funnier.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Not even Mark Pincus likes Trump.

2 Likes

Confirmed:

Well, fuck that dickhole.
I mean, there really wasnā€™t ever any hope that Trump would pick someone more levelheaded. I mean, Iā€™m half surprised Trump didnā€™t insist that heā€™d be able to save the country money by doing both jobs himself. Asshole.

I donā€™t really have anything more productive to say here.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping that Hilary and her partner-in-sanity will tear each of these guys new holes come debate season.

2 Likes

I want that to happen- really. I want to see her eviscerate him soooo badly.
But I worry it wonā€™t matter. Logic and reason and moderate-ness are seen as weakness and bad by an apparently large portion of the country. Being smart is somehow seen as a bad thing. So when she crushes him with logic and reason, I worry it will only benefit him.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to make an observation to spark political discourse. But before I do I want to affirm that Iā€™m not attacking or impugning you as a person, because I think racially you are pretty cool.

Women, and most especially women of color, will again save America-as-a-whole from the worst option.

2012: Women.

2014: Woment of Color.

2016: After 240 years, itā€™s time to try a top-down approach to reduce structural sexism and the toxic masculinity it produces, which clouds the minds of some male voters.

2 Likes

Evidently the running mate competition is open again.

2 Likes

I thought he decided to postpone due to the French news cycle. Didnā€™t he unofficially announce Gov. Pence as his candidate?

2 Likes

He did. But it seems like Gingrich and Flynn are still trying to win him overā€¦

2 Likes

Well, if she beats him on points as judge by the Oxford debate club, that wonā€™t matter. I wouldnā€™t call that eviscerating him, though. If I wanted to eviscerate Trump, Iā€™d be trying to slip in things like:

ā€œYou canā€™t just structure America for bankruptcy and walk away like itā€™s the Plaza Hotel.ā€
ā€œI donā€™t want to end up in a war with Russia because Vladimir Putin says you have small hands.ā€
[After he says something inflammatory about Muslims or Mexicans] ā€œYou know, Donald, if you want to keep making the headlines youā€™re going to have to think of something new to say, ā€˜Trump is Racistā€™ is old news.ā€ [if Trump says heā€™s not racist, respond that Americans already have enough information to decide for themselves and refuse to engage]

Or give him that Benghazi-hearing stare as heā€™s insulting her, and then come back with something like:

ā€œYou know, Donald, every woman in America has had a man talk down to her like that. [to the crowd] Am I right, ladies? [cheer, because sheā€™d get one] We know it makes you feel big and important. And we just sit there, rolling our eyes, thinking, ā€˜Is he done yet.ā€™ā€ [trump makes some attempt at a comeback, doesnā€™t matter what it is] ā€œI know you are going to get the vote of every obnoxious bully out there, but you must not think of much of America if you think thatā€™s enough to win.ā€

My #1 goal in the debate would be to call attention to the fact that Trump is thin-skinned and Clinton is tough as nails.

If possible additional goals would be to flip two of Trumpā€™s scripts.

First, he wants us to think he can make tough decisions, but his tough decisions never really had anything but pride on the line for him - average Americans have tough decisions that affect whether they can pay their bills, tough decisions that affect the health of their loved ones, Trumpā€™s ā€œtough decisionsā€ have cost other people their jobs and their savings, but for Trump they have only ever affected his place on the financial high score boards.

Second, he wants us to think heā€™s entertaining. Point out that heā€™s a broken record. Tell people his act is old now. We were entertained, we were amazed, we were disgusted, now we are bored.

Give people permission to be bored by Trump, and drive it into Trumpā€™s head that people are getting bored of him. Heā€™ll eviscerate himself, no work needed.

But a big part of driving home the boring message would be focusing mostly on talking positively about what Clinton herself is going to do as president - talking to Trump only to brush him off. This is more important than eviscerating Trump. Clintonā€™s goal this election has to be to get people who would consider voting for her to like her. Pointing out Trump is awful isnā€™t going to accomplish that (though clever zingers might).

6 Likes
3 Likes

I think I see a swastika in there too

3 Likes
6 Likes

https://twitter.com/zachstafford/status/753991454683308033

3 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this logo. The U.S. is fucked if Trump is elected president.