Trump the Chump (Part 1)

6 Likes

11 Likes

4 Likes

This almost reads like OtherMichael’s huffingBB bot wrote it.

3 Likes

Here’s the important bit. Not just “someone.”

8 Likes

The reading is boring bit doesn’t explain why he couldn’t read the document in court.

I posted in another thread a clip of him reading a really awful poem while wearing glasses, so he can read and he does wear glasses. It’s possible he rehearsed the poem and there was a lot of rhyming and repeating in it.

I think there is likely some kind of dyslexia.

In and of itself, that’s not a problem, but that he is covering it up and does not seem to have workarounds that would help him to get the information he can only get by reading, that’s an issue.

3 Likes

it was such a mess that I didn’t initially pick up the likely intent that he was trying to respond to the President Bannon stuff floating around.

1 Like

The Manchild in Chief managed to lie about Russia, Iran, and Obama, and call millions of Americans “haters” all in less than 140 characters.

…

10 Likes
6 Likes

Having a mental health disability, I feel like I can say that feeling intolerable feelings when you don’t want to do something could completely explain being unable to do it. It doesn’t matter if we think “reading is boring” doesn’t sound like a big enough problem to warrant not reading in court, maybe better to think of it as, “getting myself to read seems like an insurmountable challenge if he’s not interested.”

I think the evidence fits several different theories, all of which come down to the fact that the guy doesn’t bother to find out what he’s signing, whether that would mean wearing glasses, getting someone to read it to him, or whatever.

His love for Putin is about the only unchanging opinion he’s steadfastly held since the beginning of the campaign. Very curious.

5 Likes

He literally had the document right in front of him. He was in court, compelled to testify. It seems like, for some reason, he could not read the paper in front of his face. They even offered to blow the type up for him.

4 Likes
6 Likes

I know. Being unable to read a document because you just don’t feel like it when asked to do so in a court of law might not be a relatable experience, but I wouldn’t put it past Trump to have an extremely unrelatable aversion to reading or even to being told what to do.

I imagine putting my five-year-old in a court box and telling them they need to do something they could easily do. I don’t think Trump’s emotional maturity exceeds that level.

Anyway, I doubt we’ll ever know, especially since even if an official statement was made one day we wouldn’t be in a position to believe if.

3 Likes

From here, I think:

9 Likes

Probably something to do with switching off the phone lines.

Fucking arsehole.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Things are getting a bit more intense now.

3 Likes

Weighing in on department store purchasing decisions affecting his family. Awesome.

EDIT: he retweeted it from his @potus account.

12 Likes

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan met Monday with Mattis. Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is meeting Wednesday with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Finance Minister Bill Morneau is delivering a speech about the economic relationship at Georgetown University on Thursday.

It is a high-profile diplomacy blitz. Saiderman advocated a different strategy for Canada: conducting as much low-level diplomacy as possible, getting things done with professionals without attracting the attention of the mercurial president.

“It’s in the best interest of Canada,” he said, “not to remind him that Canada is a member of NAFTA or Canada is a member of NATO.”

thisisfine.gif

6 Likes