Trump the Chump (Part 1)

1 Like

I am guessing he doesnā€™t carry it anymore.

1 Like

You think the guy carrying the nuclear football got sacked?

12 Likes

ooooh that was awful. please continue.
well probably not fired but maybe reassigned.

6 Likes

Trump-Trudeau: People forget Justin Trudeau had a lot of practice meeting world leaders during his childhood. On the other hand, in his childhood Trump met a lot of wizards.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Wait, you think Bannon et al arenā€™t completely aware of the flaws in the things that trump says that arenā€™t spoon-fed directly to him by them?

Trump is the very definition of a ā€œuseful idiot.ā€ He will do as they say because he doesnā€™t know any better. When he has outlived his usefulness, they will let him burn. All of the bullshit he spews does nothing to undermine his power, only his future credibility and this is a feature, not a bug, to the Bannons of this world.

We have already seen that he retaliates against people who contradict him; my best guess is that they know he is more malleable than any of the alternatives and they are using him to push through as much of their agenda as possible, while simultaneously protecting themselves from retaliation and letting him build his own funeral pyre by not contradicting him, so that the inevitable coup will be easier to push through when it happens.

1 Like

While I think Bannon may well be using Trump as a pawn to accomplish certain ends, I try not to mythologize him too much. Odds are he is also a complete idiot. Plus, thereā€™s a lot of conflicting interests on Trumpā€™s team, so I put different categories for different ones. I imagine Bannon is in the ā€œthink heā€™s useful as he isā€ category, but he could be a true believer. I mean, heā€™s a true believer in a lot of stupid shit.

3 Likes

Bannon is gunning for Priebus.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/140628/knives-reince-priebus

4 Likes

ā€œA source close to the president, who was not there but had knowledge of the situation, told me that Trump was going around tables during dinner asking guests what he should do about Priebus and Spicerā€”a crowdsourcing game he reportedly played when he was deciding which candidate to choose for vice president, and again, when picking who he would nominate as secretary of state.ā€ Vanity Fair

5 Likes

Has Gen Flynnā€™s ride arrived?

6 Likes

Every time he rants about leaks, all I can think about is that heā€™s upset that heā€™s not getting to watch the leaks in a Russian hotel room.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Thatā€™s got to be public virtue signalling for the sole attention of Mr Trump. Itā€™d be creepy as hell otherw nope, itā€™s still creepy as hell. Creepy self-demeaning display of public submission.
<brrrrā€¦>

3 Likes

http://www.bnd.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/glenn-mccoy/

6 Likes
4 Likes

Heh.

EDIT: not sure if he ever actually did, to be honest

6 Likes

Something doesnā€™t quite add up to me. Why would ā€œRickā€ be taking smiley pictures with people.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/831689881474695168

3 Likes

Oh please let this turn out to bear fruit cause I canā€™t see even the veep wanting to stick around. Probably will mean President Ryan but who knows how bad it will be for those who kissed up to Trump. Might have an emergency election.

3 Likes