Trump the Chump (Part 1)

Fucking lunatic. How about focussing a bit more on the “not fighting wars” part?

We must ensure that our courageous servicemen and women have the tools they need to deter war and when called upon to fight in our name only do one thing, win. We have to win. We have to start winning wars again. I have to say when I was young in high school and college, everybody used to say we never lost a war, we never lost a war. You remember. Some of you were right there with me and you remember we never lost a war. America never lost. And now we never win a war. We never win. And we don’t fight to win. We don’t fight to win. So we either got to win or don’t fight it at all.

Also, wasn’t the Vietnam war when he was in college? (presumably he doesn’t remember because of all those deferments he was busy getting)

7 Likes

I just watched this Lewis Black standup from late 2016. Part of it was devoted to how he was basically out of work because literally anyone could make Trump jokes. You just go read the headlines and wait for the laugh. His thing, he said, has always been to be crazier than what people see in their lives, and that is no longer possible.

8 Likes

I just posted this in the other Trump thread. What in the hell? When was the strength of our military ever in question?

It will include an historic increase in defense spending to rebuild the depleted military of the United States.

Depleted?!?

7 Likes

Maybe they’re turning uranium ammunition back into nukes.

4 Likes

Given his “concerns” about our nuclear arsenal, I wouldn’t be surprised.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politics/trump-interview-nuclear-weapons/

1 Like

Bilden said he determined that he would not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without what he called “undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family’s private financial interests.”

Trump couldn’t have picked someone more dedicated to public service!

I mean, I don’t actually want to give Bilden a hard time about this. It’s okay to not be deeply committed to public service, it’s okay to not want to take a government job when it will cost you money, and what makes it okay is saying that upfront and turning the job down. It sure reflects badly on the people who thought he was a good choice, though.

5 Likes

I saw this great image macro on the Twitters today:

15 Likes
2 Likes

Also this buck-passing bullshit.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/141014/trump-buck-not-stop-here

“This was a mission that was started before I got here,” Trump said. “This was something they wanted to do. They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do—the generals—who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan… This was something that they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to [Defense Secretary James] Mattis it was a very successful mission. They got tremendous amounts of information.”

4 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
1 Like

I predict this won’t go as planned.

8 Likes

Hooray–Scottish protest signs are great :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Clovers, shamrocks, all the same, right?

4 Likes

How did I not know about a “Trump team” verified twitter? Who verified that and why?

Also:

and a good response to alternate facts:

8 Likes

Remember when Obama was accused of being the campaigner-in-chief?

Oh wait, he is still campaigning and is fueling Soros’ fake protests against Trump:

1 Like

And also… the GOP is running the show, not the Dems.

1 Like