Trump the Chump (Part 1)

The Onion’s really struggling as well, though for them it’s the writers trying to figure out how to mock such a ridiculous caricature of a human being.

4 Likes

Ditto ! !

Trump is ‘a joke’ . .:disappointed:

#trumprussia makes my tiny hands start rubbing together with glee.

1 Like

What is the thinking behind this?

7 Likes

Tarring the GOP factions that opposed ⊥ by associating them with such evils as the Democrats, and such abominations as Planned Parenthood would be my guess.

3 Likes

But he’s also gunning for Paul Ryan in the mainstream of the party, and insulting the “moderate” Republicans:

https://twitter.com/4b5/status/845850206599983104

Who does he want to work with?

I guess he’s hoping for a lot of primary challenges next year.

6 Likes

Presumably the hard right and the base - everyone else is to be intimidated into either playing along or getting primaried from the right as a RINO? That fits Bannon’s long game, but to think that ⊥ is thinking any further into the future than a few hours might be giving too much credit. When everything’s a zero sum game, why bother with the middle ground?

3 Likes

Well that won’t make us any new enemies, right? :fearful:

3 Likes

Am I misreading this, or is he now antagonizing the far right as well?

6 Likes

It’s probably too generous to describe 45’s id-driven impulse to tweet abuse as “thinking.”

6 Likes

Isn’t the Trumpcare bill basically the Heritage recommendation, just like most of the other things he has done?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think he really understands public policy, so he just depends on think tanks like the Heritage foundation to do his thinking for him.

1 Like

Looking into it, it seems like the AHCA was the only think not directly from the Heirtage Foundation that Trunp has done. His budget, Supreme Court short list, etc. all came directly from them basically.

1 Like

From years ago, but somehow timeless:

7 Likes

a) this is meant to be news?

b) this isn’t true

10 Likes

Both.

12 Likes

Demanding reparations from Germany … what could possibly go wrong?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germany-dismisses-white-houses-intimidating-300bn-bill-for-defence-dl7dk629k

9 Likes

c) Bullshit

3 Likes

Even if it were true, it’s like “what, does he want a cookie for that?”

If there’s anything I’ve learned from watching West Wing it’s that presidenting is a 24 hour a day job. Well, I guess when you’re a good president it is… I’m sure 45 is always well rested.

8 Likes

I am seriously having trouble seeing this as anything besides bald-faced propaganda. What other possible motive could there even be here?

2 Likes