Trump the Chump (Part 1)

There is more than one US “far right”. Freedom Caucus is Koch-right; Trump/Bannon are Klan-right.

They’re attempting to convert the party into pure Klan-right.

4 Likes

“It’s everybody else’s fault but mine.”

3 Likes

Donald moved into a house and has been annoying the neighbors too. Coincidence?

7 Likes

Of course even then it depends who the victim is and who the attacker is. Brock Turner literally dragged an unconscious woman into an alley and raped her and that wasn’t “good enough”. A rape case that gets picked up by the media is always going to have people defending the attacker.

When a serial rapist is a celebrity, I think you need a lot of victims coming forward and then you need a lot of time for it to penetrate the public consciousness. Trump actually had the former, but not the latter.

Any objective analysis says that 5-10% of men commit multiple sexual assaults. Already that’s enough that no one should be surprised that any man is guilty of sexual assault. But a very rich (unlikely to have been arrested even if incidents were reported) misogynist who shows little to no empathy and basically no impulse control? Already I bet if you broke out Bayes’ theorem and had the relevant stats you’d put such a person at 50% or more to be a serial sexual predator. We should think of Trump as an odds-on rapist even if there were no victims coming forward. None of that is admissible in court, but we aren’t in court, and the lengths people go to delude themselves into thinking that that men aren’t rapists are crazy.

Lewis Black has a great bit about this, but yeah, you can’t sustain meta-comedy about the problems with doing comedy about Trump every night. They are basically running almost entirely on clever turns of phrase, because it’s not funny to look right at the camera and say, “We elected an incompetent, racist, sexist, idiot president.”

7 Likes

Wow, this is seriously messed up of them but I feel like as long as they can’t get their own shit together I am safer.

15 Likes

“The anticipated date of a shutdown would be the president’s 100th day in office.”

Mission accomplished?

16 Likes

I guess. I can’t even tell which end is up anymore with this administration. Trump is incompetent and Bannon seems to want to manipulate that so he can just tear the whole thing apart, which I don’t even get. It’s not like our government is so screwed up that nothing is better than having it. I don’t think I can handle 4 years of this crazy.

2 Likes

It is on Fox News…of course it is Propaganda

2 Likes

I was just going over 45’s 100 day checklist and couldn’t help but notice he hasn’t touched NAFTA and then I came accross this gem:

U.S. farmers are going to be in for a surprise.

9 Likes

This desire for people to suffer (and his apparent willingness to provoke said suffering) because he thinks it’ll be good for him politically is just inexcusable. And totally bizarre.

14 Likes

Typical management mindset. “Let it fail just to prove I’m right.”

Of course the stakes here are ridiculously high by comparison.

13 Likes

Stay classy!

Also, I’m not sure his argument that Clinton vs. Jones does not apply is especially strong.

In the unanimous opinion by Justice John Paul Stevens, the Court ruled that separation of powers does not mandate that federal courts delay all private civil lawsuits against the President until the end of his term of office.

10 Likes

(to be fair, Trump’s habit of getting a little dig in at Chris Christie at every opportunity is quite amusing)

2 Likes

I’m as perturbed by his message as I am the two spaces in between “good” and “shape”.

4 Likes

“Since the very beginning, women have driven, and I mean, each generation of Americans, towards a more free and more prosperous future,” Trump said. “These patriots are women like the legendary Abigail Adams, right? Who, during the founding, urged her husband to remember the rights of women. She was very much a pioneer in that way. We’ve been blessed with courageous heroes like Harriet Tubman who escaped slavery. And went on to deliver hundreds of others to freedom, first in the underground railroad and then as a spy for the union army. She was very, very courageous, believe me. Around we’ve had leaders like Susan B. Anthony. Have you heard of Susan B. Anthony? I’m shocked that you’ve heard of her — who dreamed of a much more fair and equal future and an America where women themselves as she said helped to make laws and elect the lawmakers, and that’s what’s happening more and more.”

13 Likes
4 Likes

It might be back on like Donkey Kong, with another quarter.

2 Likes
10 Likes

He did it again.

6 Likes