U.S. West bracing for "blowtorch-like" heatwave. Death Valley could reach 129 F

Don’t forget about the nonsense in Texas’ neck of the woods too

10 Likes

As noted in an earlier topic:

The Texas GOP: Making America Nigeria Again.

The Republicans in general: “Lookee here, we have a snowball Louis Gohmert saved in his freezer to prove global warming doesn’t exist!”

19 Likes

Yeah i got an email from my utility here in Austin yesterday asking people to set their thermostats to 78F while at home and set to 85F when no one is home. Currently my A/C has been running non-stop even when set to 78F and i have a room humidity/temp device by me and it reads as 83F :sweat:

10 Likes

Salt lake city yesterday afternoon

12 Likes

In June. Temps won’t peak for another 2 months.

8 Likes

I regret that I only have one :heart: to give for this phrase.

18 Likes

Welcome to the new normal. Except it isn’t, as just as we get used to the situation, it’ll get worse. Though this seems pretty bad as it is…

8 Likes

Where I live, it rained today, and this years wildfires haven’t started yet …

7 Likes

Credit where credit is due.

8 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

Well, it got to 134F last summer in Death Valley, so “summer”?

This is the new norm folks. Regularly gets over 100 deg in my inland part of the OC.

“Climate change is a hoax” - all the tRump licking repub idiots that live near me…

13 Likes

We’re dumping 200 gallons a day on our garden, it’s not working, 107 in the shade today. Adios veggies…

7 Likes

I really gotta clean the yard.

1 Like

The end is nigh…

3 Likes

8 miles from the border, AC is not the standard for homes in Tijuana.

hot weather GIF

12 Likes

Geez, it’s like people would rather complain than take the family to a 5-star resort in Cancun!

12 Likes

Santa Clarita Valley. It hit 108 here today. Almost 8:30PM and we’re at 92F. Loveliness abounds.

6 Likes

I’m forgetting what rain is like - it hasn’t rained much in the last year, and what little there was pretty much happened in January. Every month of what was supposed to be the rainy season started off promising and then… nothing. Water rationing will start soon. The landscape is the driest its been in recorded history. When the wildfires get going, I’ll be trapped inside, with no air conditioning, unable to cool my living space off at night because I can’t open any windows, and the temperatures will probably be triple digits, or close to it. In a house not built for these temperatures. Last summer was really awful, but everything is promising to be significantly worse this year.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, here in the U.K. we’re enjoying some really lovely weather, it’s set to hit around 23 degrees C today, but it’s likely to change Friday, to about 19 degrees, and a 75% chance of rain. This after a brief spell in March when I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt, and my ears got burnt and blistered, then it suddenly turned back to winter, then April turned the coldest on record, with frosts most nights, and May was cool, windy and damp.
We complain about the weather here, but seeing the damage being caused by drought and wildfires elsewhere it’s just heartbreaking.
Stay safe, folks.

10 Likes
4 Likes