✌ Victory! ✌

Two years ago today I had my last chemo treatment and have been cancer free since then.

This is my personal “I beat cancer” logo inspired by a friend who said, “I’m a Cancer, sign of the crab. I’m two diseases nobody wants.”

29 Likes

To be fair, are there many diseases that people do want?

8 Likes

9 Likes

Good on ya.

9 Likes

Driving off to New Jersey to pick up my fiancee from Newark airport! She’ll be here for two weeks for this visit! (and we’re going to introduce her to my parents and sibs… oy)

19 Likes

I am looking forward to great stories in the other thread : P

9 Likes

Oy. Please, don’t tempt fate.

BTW, renke, where in Germany are you? (Fiancee lives in Hamburg and is from Pirmasens)

8 Likes

Bavaria, giving development aid to the natives. Originally I am a Fischkopf from a town near Hamburg.

9 Likes

wait a minute

completely missed the implications. @jsroberts, I found a volunteer helping you move house!

11 Likes

Yay! Good luck!

4 Likes

This is for @TobinL and @JemmieDuffs: went to the cell phone store and got everything done in 35 minutes. New phone, accessories, and changed plan! Serious victory. The dude spoke as fast as me. When I thanked him for his speed, he said that my complaint about length of time was the most common complaint and they’ve changed things up.

My inner eight year old is supremely satisfied. :relieved:

14 Likes

Two-fold:

1. Found a stream for the Team Europe - Team Canada World Cup of Hockey Game 1 aired by CBC, which means Don Cherry and his maple leaf print suit.

2. Abandoned Google Chromium for Opera with VPN set to Canada for logging into Twitter. Logging in with a Canadian IP address should block Promoted Tweets that my Chromium’s Adblocker extension doesn’t.

13 Likes

Don Cherry has many suits:

I live in Detroit Metro, I get HNIC and Coach’s Corner every week without hunting for it. All the Grapes!

12 Likes

Tasteful Canadians can sport the Don Cherry look! It all starts with a visit to Fabricland!

8 Likes

I found a perfectly ripe and tasty avocado in the supermarket!

16 Likes

That’s a real gem in these area’s of the world! Enjoy!

8 Likes

Carlisle United have just broken the club record for an unbeaten start to the season. 11 games, nearly a quarter of the season.

(Someone at the N&S is a good at proof reading as I am :unamused:)

Technically they haven’t been beaten in any competitive game since April. Apparently losing on penalties doesn’t count as a loss.

7 Likes

I’m too busy following Leicester’s glorious Champion’s League run (kind of ignoring the Premiership, admittedly).

5 Likes

Then I see this…

:joy:

8 Likes

Huh. I didn’t know that.

They’ll be fine if they can get rid of that Zieler guy. He radiates disinterest while on the pitch, which makes him a real misfit on the Leicester squad, whose biggest strength last year was their strong shared will-to-win.

1 Like