✌ Victory! ✌

I met a local artist while he was working on a new mural just a couple of blocks from where I work. Street art and graffiti are very interesting to me–he’s actually covering up some graffiti I’ve previously taken pictures of and written a little bit about.

He was extremely nice and thrilled to have someone take an interest in his work. He gave me some information about his local studio and I hope to find out more about it. Of course I was at a complete loss for words but I did get a picture of him at work.

15 Likes

I have a software training in Hamburg between 28 and 30 Nov and plan to arrive early on Saturday - and the Miniatur Wunderland is one of the places I want to see. @bibliophile20, do you have already a completely planned out program* or is a mutant meeting possible?

* typical German : )

5 Likes

I went there on my road bike a while ago. You can take the elevator for cars and cycle down the middle.

There were no cars or other bikes when I went, so I had a completely clear road.

The Christmas market in front of the Rathaus is also fun:

10 Likes

Dec 14 to Jan 18, including travel time. So I will miss you by two weeks, unfortunately.

7 Likes

Carlisle United still haven’t lost, and have won the last four games. I will be surprised if Keith Curle doesn’t get the Manager of the Month curse for October.

I’m not used to this. :confused:

More records are coming up to be potentially broken.

Longest unbeaten league run (19 games, Mick Wadsworth’s team in 1994/5)
Longest unbeaten league away run (12 games, Bill Shankly’s team in 1950/1)

Both could be matched at Grimsby in a month’s time

Whatever happens, all I really want is for Carlisle to be in the top three at the end of May 6th, 2017

4 Likes

I was there in June!

6 Likes

Ok, I have the writing mostly done except I need to make it funnier, and I tested uploading, and some art wasn’t 300dpi @ > 6" wide so I redid some images and it passes now with no issues. And I can preview it looking bookish on their site which is surprisingly helpful. I have a lame cover at this point, a good one will take some work, but I’ve got time.

10 Likes

If you’re going, watch out for the smoked fish. Grimsby makes a big deal out of its smoked fish, but I think it is made by dragging fish through soot and then hanging it for a while.

3 Likes

Two victories. I got a B on my P-Chem exam (I expected a D). After the curve it’s probably closer to an A, but we won’t know until the semester ends. And after the Nintendo thread I felt a little inspired:

ETA: I just realized it’s three victories! I got my girlfriend to see David Sedaris with me for the low, low, price of seeing a production of Jesus Christ, Superstar with her.

20 Likes

What no Pokemon?
Seriously the two games that I played the hell out of on that platform were Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2. They are great turn based wargames and you can play hotseat multiplayer.

4 Likes

Getting a Zelda game as my first game with the console is a tradition that goes back to my first pink-buttoned gameboy. Then I got a game I never finished (it doesn’t allow saving) despite my best efforts. Pokémon and Super Mario World are next on the list. But I need to find someone who is still playing the Pokémon on the Advance who can trade with me if I’m gonna catch 'em all!

4 Likes

Got an outside reader for my dissertation!

22 Likes

I 100% never get tired of that GIF.

11 Likes

Me neither. That child is my spirit animal.

10 Likes

The fancy cover is moving along, yay:

Still working on blurb text, that part’s the hardest, alas.

17 Likes

“Gee, everyone’s painting hedgehogs, they’re so popular. Who wouldn’t want to paint a hedgehog?” - Andy Warhol, artist (deceased)

14 Likes

Forty. I know it doesn’t seem right. Maybe hedgehogs spell it differently.

6 Likes

Good eye, thanks! I fixed it for now, maybe will be replacing that section.

1 Like

As we’re spel-chucking, Hiroshige is missing an eye “i”. Possibly due to a quill.

4 Likes

Thanks!
At is turns out I ditched the columns. Looks more like the back of a calendar, but it gives a much better sense of the content.

8 Likes