✌ Victory! ✌

I moved out of an apartment after 5 years and gave the fridge a good cleaning. I found a bottle of visine. I’ve never used visine.

13 Likes

Last night a daughter of a very special dog we lost much too soon had puppies. There was a liver-spotted girl, a black-spotted boy, and three black-spotted girls.

The ultrasound predicted 6-8 so I was wondering if they missed one when a liver-spotted boy came out, with a striking resemblance to his grandfather.

Sometimes you don’t realize how much you need good news until you get it.

21 Likes

Oh, I adore liver-spotted dogs. Because they’re, well, adorable! Are you adopting one of the litter or do you perhaps own them already? :dog:

7 Likes

The deal was we’d get one from the litter and if there was a liver-spotted boy he’d be ours. So this was a victory in many ways. :smiley:

We currently have one liver-spotted dog and one black-spotted dog. They’re both adorable but the fun thing about the liver-spotted dogs is going out and having people say “I didn’t know Dalmatians came in brown!”

Once when my wife was out with our dog Sagan a woman said that. My wife said “We call it ‘liver’.”

The woman looked at Sagan and said “Hello Liver.”

19 Likes

A victory indeed! Maybe you and your wife should call this one Liver.

8 Likes

Yes, that augurs well.

5 Likes

Survived an evening with a couple whom I barely know at the house.

And my team won 4 out of 7 on Cribbage.

15 Likes

Someone else here plays cribbage? Hell yeah!

15 Likes

After about 12 years of ignoring the slow flow or just plunging it if it seemed to stop following, I finally opened up the shower drain… It was sort of calcified. I recall that the shower had a slow drip that I fixed fairly soon after moving in, bit the relatively hard water must have hardened whatever crud was mucking up the drain. I broke it up with a broom handle and flushed it out with the garden hose.
It is nice having a shower that actually drains.

17 Likes

I just realized that I don’t remember how to play… (Was trying to explain it to the wife)

10 Likes

I built a sheet plastic and masking tape chamber of doom, donned eye, ear and lung protection, and used my stone-cutting saw (a 7¼ craftsman circular saw with thrashed bearings and a salvaged diamond blade) to cut out a section of hallway wall that refuses to stop cracking.

Miraculously and fortuitously, I cut in exactly the right place! And since I used the diamond blade, it cut a perfectly clean path through pre-1840 3-coat plaster with horsehair in it, post-1840 3-coat with deer hair in it, and 1920s 2-coat plaster over expanded metal lath with pig bristles in it.

3 30 gallon bags of debris later, I can easily and permanently fix this.

19 Likes

Congratulations! You skunked 'em good!

I assume that’s a real cribbage term. I was taught to play by someone who I’m half convinced was making up the rules as we went along.

6 Likes

Real term, incorrectly used!

3 Likes

Tiny victory while shopping today…

5 Likes

Produit du Canada

Croustilles ondulées assaisonnées in Quebec
Zesty Mordant and Dressed All Over in Nova Scotia

3 Likes

Technically speaking, the first hand my partner and I were “skunked” which means the other player/team went out (Scored over 121) while we had less than 90. To be double-skunked is to score less than 60 points when the other team goes out.

5 Likes

Stop throwing all your 5s and picture cards in their box.

4 Likes

Do you like this brand?

2 Likes

After a hideous experience last week, I got a perfect score on my road test today! :blue_car:

20 Likes

And you have a cake today too! Happy Cakeday!

12 Likes