✌ Victory! ✌

Thank you. What could be better than this…in a not-thinking-about-the-real-world kind of way? :unicorn:

6 Likes

Four years after vehicle purchase, I sat inside the vehicle and actually read through the instructions for Defogging the Windows.
Then I followed them, and, with help from an ice-scraping tool, was able to take the car out for errands at freezing temperature.

13 Likes

CHEATER!!!11!!eleven!

14 Likes

A follow-on from my posts in the Fuck Today thread:

I had the hearing for my landlord’s eviction order against me today, and the judge dismissed the order because the landlord got the procedure wrong (he gets his legal advice off the internets because he’s too stingy for a solicitor), so he has to start the whole process over again, which will take a few months, by which time I hope to be elsewhere. Gods bless the UK legal system (and the duty solicitor, who was everything I needed him to be)!

Also, the doctor has put me on different medication for my depression, which I am quite hopeful about.

38 Likes

Ahhh the ol’ “you get what you pay for” biting the landlord in his posterior.

Good fortune to you in finding new accommodations.

14 Likes

Usually, landlord-UgetWutYaPaysFer just bites the tenant in the ass. Repairs and maintence, for instance.

4 Likes

Good. Hope matters. Glad to hear one went your way.

7 Likes

I’m a bad cheesehead. I don’t know how to play, but I know I’m supposed to know how because cheesehead. :sweat:

My grandpa and uncle used to play each other, but both passed away in the early 90’s. I wasn’t interested as a kid, and now it’s too late.

Oh well, I guess I still have Euchre.

7 Likes

Your family members dropped the ball. For shame!! Cheese head kids are meant to play cribbage as soon as they learn to count. 15-two, 15-four!

My mom would play us for pennies (and kick our asses).

10 Likes

The friend who taught me had a rule in her family: if you didn’t count your points correctly then your opponent got the points you missed. She quickly imposed this rule on me and it guaranteed she’d always win because I was terrible at adding up my points.

In fact the bizarre scoring is one of the things that convinced me that whoever invented cribbage was drunk.

9 Likes

So when we get together someday, I’ll have to teach you! It’s one of those life skills that comes in handy, not often, but sometimes. And probably more so as one gets older and spends more time in retirement homes.

5 Likes

As @monkeyoh just showed, it might be weird to learn, but once you have it you’ll never lose it. I read that post and immediately finished in my head: “and a double run of 8 is 12”.

5 Likes

That’s a “muggins”.

6 Likes

We never called out runs or pairs, just the points. So a hand might go:
15-two, 15-four, three are seven, three are 10, two are 12 and knobs is 13. Guess the cards!

5 Likes

I used to play that with my granddad. Haven’t played it in years!

4 Likes

I’d need to know the opening suit. And there are a couple of possibilities for which are the run cards and which 10-cards are involved (other than the Jack, obviously).

1 Like

hand: 5 9 10 J
cut: 9, same suit as the J

2 Likes

But, for example, here’s another possibility: one 3, two 4s, one 5, a 10, the Jack of the right suit, and the cut is an 8.

2 Likes

How many cards do you have in your hand?

2 Likes

Yay cribbage… I haven’t played in years, taught the kid but he won’t stick with it if dad wins too often. :frowning:

3 Likes