Venting, random

I wanna write for a living.

You’ll read it either way.

:wink:

2 Likes

Now you are WELL and TRULY fucked!

Would scotch-brite work for your appication?

2 Likes

Rule of thumb: well-spelled threats are more effective.

Who are you, mon ami?

Threatener online?

Maird.

No harm intended. I was only being playful with ActionAbe. Just expressing my mock-horror concerning his copper scrubbie adventure.

2 Likes

Coo-coo.

Damn it, Newsblur isn’t grabbing any of my feeds this morning.

Making copper acetate for electroplating. Not that badly contaminated but I was using it for an electrogravimetric experiment.

It was decent enough that I used it to electroplate this carbon rod, though:

Now I just need to think of something I want to use it for.

7 Likes

Remember to don your electrical flash suit:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

OMG! It’s inaminate carbon rod! I’ve seen you on the telly and everything! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Don’t waste your $4 on this piece of plastic crap from Wal-Mart (if replacing a decades-old steel one) !

After about 5 uses, the teeth started ‘skipping’ because the plastic stretched …

Then after 10-15 more uses, the (metal?) teeth started breaking off…

Note to self: Just buy a decent one…

7 Likes

Yeah. That thing looks like it would be terrible for opening wine. I mean, it would just poke a hole straight through the cardboard box and rip the bag.

17 Likes

I just saw a new Subway commercial: . . (Haven’t eaten there more than twice in 3+ years; although i WAS an addict in the 90’s :wink:)

For the past 3+ (?) years, their jingle has been… “Five-dollar…, five-dollar…, foot long…”

But now the narrator is chanting… “Six-dollar sub…”

Okayy: So next year it’ll be… “Seven dollar sandwich…”
. . . Or “Eight dollar edible…”

Ahhhh: What’s next ?

**Grrr: Don’t get me hooked on a song and then change the words …

That’s false advertising !

1 Like

Sounds nasty. Cheap plastic/cheap metal? (or was the ‘metal’ actually chromed plastic too?) Either way, I’d expect better even from a pound shop. :confused:

[ETA: looking at it, I see that the but that would need to be decent metal, the actual corkscrew bit, has a joiner that mates into the rest of the silver screw part, that therefore must be something else (softer metal, or worse).

Every other one of those I’ve seen had had that cast as a single part. Not good. ]

2 Likes

I forgot it was daylight saving time this morning. Hilarity did not ensue. :no_mouth:

9 Likes

At least the clock in my truck is right agian.

Surely I’ve cursed myself to think I’m getting to work early tomorrow only to be on time.

6 Likes

I just retrieved one of my decent mics. I may not be mark maron or the nerdiest, but I will literally have my voice heard.

If anyone cares is a different story, all my anecdotes need serious workshopping :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have subscribed to your newsletter, looking forward to the next issue (will it have a fold-in?) :smile:

4 Likes

I have a couple hundred pages written, they need to be refined, cause this stuff is funny, then I just need to do it. And not after a strong glass of wine :smiley:

3 Likes

When you’re reading something on the computer and looking all over the page for the linked footnote, only to realise that there’s a speck of dirt on the screen that looks just like a 1.

11 Likes