Veteran woman game dev on being a 'cultural fit'

If you have curves, dresses/skirts hang better. I’ve never understood the love affair with jeans…I find them extremely uncomfortable no matter which type I try. Skirts don’t have to be dressy…I’m wearing one right now with a plain t-shirt. Easy, comfy, and considered “appropriate” in more venues. And dresses, well, like @ChickieD said: so much easier to wear. When the weather gets hot, I throw a simple dress over my head and boom, I’m dressed for the day. What’s not to love?

3 Likes

I used to find jeans comfy, but I grew… out… a bit more and no longer. But yeah, dresses and skirts are great and comfy. Though now I need to wear tights to stop the old thighs from rubbing together too much! :wink:

1 Like

I wear the Jockey “skimmies” underwear that go to about mid-thigh when I wear a short dress. It provides more coverage, helps with the chafing issue, and on hot days wicks the sweat away from the whole “down there” area.

True story about these: I was wearing them with a short dress while I was in Paris with my mom. As we were going up the escalator she was positioned below me and caught a glimpse of the bottom of my skimmies peeking beneath the hemline of the dress. She grabbed me and and hissed - they looked like stocking tops! Oh Mom! Love you and your Southern 50’s lady issues!

3 Likes

Oh! I’ll have to look into those! Thanks for the tip!

And I loved the mom story! Southern moms, indeed! :wink:

I tend to have to avoid wearing tight stuff like that. I did find I could comfortably wear leggings in the Netherlands, but I would usually still take them off the second I got home.

When in the super hot and humid south (New Orleans) I bought a bunch of loose cotton bloomers off Etsy, although I’m goth so there are a few nicer pairs I also just wear as pants sometimes.

Now I always wear a pair of an appropriate length under all my skirts. It doesn’t work under tighter skirts but tight skirts don’t work with my body shape anyway.

1 Like

They’re actually not tight. They aren’t like spanx even though they look like them. They’re fitted but not constricting and the fabric is really light and soft.

Bloomers sound so cute!

That’s good to know, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.