W3C green-lights adding DRM to the Web's standards, says it's OK for your browser to say "I can't let you do that, Dave"

Oh fuck off.

Is this your own personal torrent of outrage?

Pseudo-organised torrents of outrage

Did you make up that jumbled mess of words all by yourself or did you work on that with a pseudo-organized team of idiots?

Especially with the creepy ‘oh here’s this person’s real address’ tactics.

Ah, we get to the heart of your issue… You’re dense. It’s obviouslly a mailing address at MIT, not his home address or do you think he lives at MIT? Is there something wrong with sending letters? I guess we should also stop doing that with our congresscritters in the USA. We wouldn’t want to freak out dense people like you in the process, would we?

However big you write ‘be polite’, these calls are just an open invitation for the more trolley-y and idiotic elements to make the story be about them than the core issue.

Um, no. It’s a call to action to politely contact these people and tell them we don’t agree with them. It’s a time-honored approach you may not be aware of. I think in the USA, this bizarre practice kind of started gaining traction as the American Revolution ramped up. Strange, huh? Writing letters. What will they think of next?

So then… you think I’m using reverse psychology on a bunch of dim-witted boingboing users who are easily fooled into misunderstanding my true intentions. I guess I should change it to say that people should be impolite and then they’ll be polite? Is that how it works?

Sheer genius, my friend… you, who demands politeness whilst telling people to “fuck off”. See, I get it now. You didn’t really mean “fuck off” when you told me to “fuck off”, you were using reverse psychology and you were really just saying “kudos”. Thank you and “fuck off” to you as well, kind sir!

If you want to fight this, support people like the EFF

So now you’re going from dense to pretentious, how quaint of you. I’ve been a supporter of the EFF for about 15 years or so. I think I’ve also mentioned (scores of times on boingboing and elsewhere) that it’s a good idea to support them. You new around here “fuck off” guy?

EFF's NSA lawsuit goes ahead, thanks to Snowden leaks - #3 by Cowicide?

http://boingboing.net/2013/06/18/how-the-nsa-leaks-may-help-eff.html#comment-1751186?

Later, Fang. Don’t snag your sharp, little cuspid on your own ego on the way out the door.

1 Like