Walken Closet was my favorite Superbowl ad

My friend Marylin’s sock (a “buachaille”) , finished during the oblong ball game (on at upper right):

“”

4 Likes

which film is that from?

Why don’t we have both?

2 Likes

I didn’t get how that ad was supposed to be a positive message about their product. “Drink our beverage, it will give you weird paranoid hallucinations!”

2 Likes

It was entitled Google Images. :stuck_out_tongue:

(wish I knew)

2 Likes

Fantastic, beautiful!!

can we invite her to party with us?

1 Like

Looks to me like it’s Sabrina:

4 Likes

There need to be trigger warnings for ads like these! I still have nightmares about the Sock Monster eating my footses and making them disappear.

1 Like

Neat.

I saw patterns for a Knit Boba Fett hat. Does she take commissions.

1 Like

Unfortunately no–a knit Boba Fett hat would be pretty cool. I also got a pair of TARDIS socks and wearing them together would be a fun way to cross the streams.

1 Like

Well if you’re a Doctor Who fan, she pretty much HAS to make you a Tom Baker scarf. I mean, I am pretty sure that is a law somewhere.

5 Likes

Tried it once and came away from the experience sadder Budweiser?

5 Likes

It would be nice but I’m content with a few pairs of cool socks and my hat that looks like a fish.

6 Likes

I actually though it was a very light, matte shade of blue. Which would be interesting, I guess. But no. It’s white.

The funniest thing to me about the “fight the beige boredom with this boring-ass generic Kia” ad idea is that it’s been done before, in a pretty clever 2010 campaign wasted on some boring-ass generic Subaru.

The “2011 Mediocrity” looks a lot like an older-generation Kia Optima too, so I guess it comes full circle.

1 Like

“Walken closet”.

Ok I get it now.

2 Likes

I’m glad he got the money for the commercial, which I assume must be sizable, I just wish…
he had … killed someone for it instead.

2 Likes

Guess you don’t like Coke, but you sure do like your Kool-Aid.

4 Likes

I think my least favorite commerical was this one from Budweiser:

It’s like, Hell yeah, we are a huge, faceless corporation pushing a product that only the manliest of manly man-men can choke down.

NOT A FRUIT CUP, BRO