Watch the teaser for Quentin Tarantino's Hateful Eight

Last I heard of him, he was playing the lead on Homicide

So, you going to watch Roth as Sepp Blatter?

1 Like

Oh god… a film about soccer. And not even really soccer but the organization behind it… uh… maybe on netflix…

Right after I take in Forces Of Nature one more time.

edit - because it was terrible

70mm! This is gonna be a visual feast, that’s for sure. Luckily I live in a place with a theater that can and will most likely show it in 70mm.

2 Likes

So it’s basically Reservoir Dogs: The Western: With a New Twist?

Not that I mind, it still looks great, but that’s the impression the teaser gives me. Unless doing that was intentional.

Reservoir Dogs meets True Grit?

Reservoir Dogs; now with a lady and a Black man?

That was the real teaser.

1 Like

What else could you want from a movie? I’m sold.

3 Likes

Kurt Russell’s mustache in the Old West in 70mm? I’d watch this even if Ed Wood directed it. But man, Tarantino’s a tool. I had occasion to read the Kill Bill script while it was being shot, and when I saw that his vanity credit (“The Fourth Film by Quentin Tarantino”) was in the goddamned script (on page, like, nine or something), I almost threw it against the wall. What a self-important douche.

5 Likes

I take it back - I have watched Lie to Me. It has just been awhile since I’ve seen it and it was kinda a weird time in my life where my memory is a bit wonky.

Have you seen Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead? I saw that recently, thought it was interesting, although it’s obviously a play and not meant to be a film.

(or Funny Games? I’ve seen the original, but not the remake with Roth in it)

2 Likes

I saw R&G while I was a Theatre Arts major in college. First thing I ever saw Oldman and Roth in, as a matter of fact. I love 'em both in that.

1 Like

R&G is genius. Haven’t seen Funny Games.

He was great in 4 Rooms too.

1 Like

Sid and Nancy was my intro to Oldman. Amazing how much he actually looked like Vicious back in the day. R&G is one of my favorite movies. How can you go wrong when the opening credits are accompanied by Seamus.

1 Like

I didn’t see Sid and Nancy since I wasn’t enough of a Sex Pistols fan to have any idea what it’d be about at the time, though I heard it was really good. One of the things I’ve always liked about Gary Oldman is that he’s one of those actors, like Alec Guinness, who so thoroughly immerses himself in his roles which vary so widely from picture to picture that it’s tough to have a clear idea of what the actor is actually like out of character.

1 Like

Well…going by this interview…

1 Like

I couldn’t have been any older than about 16 when I saw it, probably as soon as it came out on VHS. Young punk at heart, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.