Watch this Coleco Adam home computer commercial starring Lori Loughlin (1984)

I still think back to all the high school term papers I did on a typewriter, and I couldn’t type for shit back then.

5 Likes

Coleco really threw all of their eggs in with that printer and were justifiably proud of its print quality (and the excellent keyboard, as ColecoSmurf mentioned). Problem was, it was a bit bleeding-edge (for the time) and they made the interesting choice to put the power brick in with the printer, so the system only worked if the printer was attached and working. You can guess that that caused a few issues.

4 Likes

Moi8Rpr

5 Likes

Too bad about not getting them to employ Rollins! He’s got a great voice… especially for a coffee commercial.

Yeah, that guy perfectly encapsulates all our stereotypes of a nerdy teacher! Win!

4 Likes

Rollins was a legit coffee addict for a while (maybe still is.)

5 Likes

I wish I still had his demo reel. It was very surreal to hear that deep, rich voice saying stuff like “Need help finding a home? What you need is a professional real estate agent to help you and your family find the perfect place to live,” or selling breakfast cereal. But Folgers was too cheap to hire the guy!

4 Likes

Folger’s loss!

Hm. Now I’m wondering how much voice over work makes up the income of many working actors?

4 Likes

But you know her kid is going to excel as an Ivy League rower, while she’s in jail.

She would have been better off adopting a few of Coleco’s Cabbage Patch Kids…very few of them are seriously considered when they apply for admission to university.

Come on. Finding an actor who can type and looks good is a bit much innit?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.