"Weapons-grade femininity"

It’s depressing, honestly. This is one of the few safe spaces where I can interact with all sorts of people on the gender spectrum, and then I find a thread about weaponized femininity. Like you, I want genuine discourse about gender issues. But we keep covering the same ground until our ruts are as deep as the tracks through the stone on the Oregon Trail.

22 Likes

Though rare, it can happen; as long as all the participants involved have an actual vested interest in intellectual discourse instead of just wanting to ‘win’ a proverbial pissing contest.

22 Likes

Perhaps it shouldn’t have been made into a separate thread.

Yeah, fuck you dead horse…

16 Likes

For the most part, I think our Gendered Objectification thread, Gendered objectification, achieved this (counting at 543 replies), so you’re right! Some depression lifted.

15 Likes

That made me do a spit take. But seriously, I keep responding because clearly I can’t help myself. Until this dead horse refuses to be a zombie, I know myself – I’ll continue to engage. The women’s right to vote movement began in the 1840s and as we know, it wasn’t ratified until 1920. My diminutive contribution in a small corner of the Internet pales, but here I am.

21 Likes

Looking is innate to humans. The difference is that one group is encouraged to look, while another group is looked at, and simultaneously told to display and cover, then shamed for looking.

28 Likes

20 Likes

Agreed, and though that is a dead horse it still needs a couple of licks; because splitting it was not a very wise decision in retrospect.

Amen, sister.

Gurl…

25 Likes

As a healthy male, I have gone through life experiencing fleeting or lingering attraction to all sorts of girls and women. The incident I described was more like an electric shock than anything I am used to. Maybe it was related to pheromones. I have no idea. If she had the same effect on other men, I would expect at a minimum she would go through life noticing that men seem to be really super helpful towards her. But overall, I am not trying to say anything negative about her or women in general.
On the subject of State government seats, I would vote for her.

2 Likes

I do appreciate your viewpoint, but I’m curious - what do you mean by this?

7 Likes

Probably a throw back to what Mags said about ‘feminine wiles’ not equating to actual political power, and still not very relevant to the point… which is that men’s ‘Tex Avery’ overreactions to the physical appeal of certain women does not mean that we have them at an inherent societal “disadvantage.”

‘’

10 Likes

I think everyone has experienced varying degrees of attraction to all sorts of people. Attraction has been described as electric as long as we’ve been describing it.

The point is that the feeling you described happened within you. It’s unlikely that anyone else had the same experience. Even if they did, it would be within themselves, and not universal or leveragable. I have a hard time calling your or my momentary attraction power over us, because that’s not how it works. Would you have really abandoned your children and jumped off a cliff for a stranger?[quote=“Max_Blancke, post:102, topic:101899”]
But overall, I am not trying to say anything negative about her or women in general.
[/quote]

That’s cool, I didn’t think you were. I thought you were attributing too much to women in general.

15 Likes

That picture makes my blood boil. This is off topic, but a bunch of powerful white men in a room makes me very, very nervous.

20 Likes

Not really, because that pic right there?
``
That’s “weapons grade” toxic masculinity

And it will ‘kill the world,’ if we let it.

25 Likes

I need one of your famed gifs here, but I’m under prepared for it. So, HELL YEAH. Does that count?

ETA: Please give me one, @Melizmatic, I know you have one in your arsenal.

9 Likes

I have many, have a few varieties;

Fierce:

``
Pretty:

``
Chipper:

``
Addictive:

24 Likes

but nooooo it was the cute girl and her flirting that was the problem… umm no.

26 Likes

Literally: Grow up. I can only assume you’re an adult. You are responsible for your own actions.

23 Likes

Here’s another good emphatic one I forgot I had:

26 Likes

I’m doing a standing slow clap in my home office, and my dog is confused. Even if you don’t understand or don’t agree, it is incumbent upon you to read and hear others’ opinions in order to inform your own.

15 Likes